What's new

Double Happiness Cigar line- Thougths/Reviews etc

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've never had them, but I know several people that have, and I've never heard anything even remotely good about them. I've heard stories about inconsistency in flavor - some say the Gurkha Blue Steel is the best, some say the Ruination is the best, some say that the Ruination doesn't taste ANYTHING like a "real" Ruination, etc. Additionally, more than one person has shown me severe tunneling on these - like they are completely hollow on the inside.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I've never had them, but I know several people that have, and I've never heard anything even remotely good about them. I've heard stories about inconsistency in flavor - some say the Gurkha Blue Steel is the best, some say the Ruination is the best, some say that the Ruination doesn't taste ANYTHING like a "real" Ruination, etc. Additionally, more than one person has shown me severe tunneling on these - like they are completely hollow on the inside.
Impossible. If you read back to the beginning of this post you will see that the description for these cigars clearly states that these are rolled by only the most experienced torcedors, so clearly what you are describing is inconceivable. Next thing you know this guy will be telling me that those "genuine Cohiba's" that I bought on the side of the road in Mexico aren't real either. You better watch yourself, or you'll end up on Santa's naughty list! Or do you not believe in him either?

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I remember the devil selling me a box of these several years ago when I coming back, even then, when a Brazil was the height for me, I thought they sucked. They're a novelty, and the novelty wears off when you smoke them. Horrible construction issues and they all tasted the same, like cardboard and mildew.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I smoked a half a diesel last night and it didn't really taste like a diesel to me. But to be fair that was only one. I will try the others and if the suck they suck but if I like then I like em. Draw was fine not tight at all. The wrapper did unravel a little but not much.

Cutting them in half is no problem though if you have a semi sharp double guillatine cutter. I used one of the collibri cutters you can get on the bid for under 10 bucks and it was easy. One trick though leave the cello on and cut like you got a set! No indecisive wimpy cutting. These are the actual cuts...

Heres a pic of just how f'ing big these things are.....

Even if they all do stink they are a cool gimmick for give aways or to smoke at a party, kind of like wearing clown shoes or big hat.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As usual on fridays I had herf and and handed out a couple of them cut in half and will see what somemof my fellow cigar smoking buddies think. They smoke it all and enjoy some $3 sticks and also $30 sticks so I think they are pretty fair.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
when passed around at our herf one night, the gurkha blue steel was referenced to taste like bad fish and seaweed.... its like asking if you'd like to eat old food out of the trash can.