What's new

Dove

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Be carefull, dove, like any game bird, tends to dryout very easy...You can do what Jwin said and wrap with bacon or "barding"

I would split the breast (boneless/skinless) stuff with Feta chees and sundried tomato,a little mashed garlic, wrap with bacon or thinly sliced prosciutto. Sear them on all sides and roast for about 15-30 min. depending on the size.

i then will make a chipotle sauce, which is basically a 1/2cup ketchup, 1 chipotle (from a can is fine) juice of 2 lemons, pinch salt, pepper, a little cilantro and mix well. you can add a little whiskey or bourbon to the sauce to thin it out...not more that 3oz. slice the breast at an angle and serve with a wild rice pilaf or some garlic mashed potatoes...

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Be carefull, dove, like any game bird, tends to dryout very easy...You can do what Jwin said and wrap with bacon or "barding"

I would split the breast (boneless/skinless) stuff with Feta chees and sundried tomato,a little mashed garlic, wrap with bacon or thinly sliced prosciutto. Sear them on all sides and roast for about 15-30 min. depending on the size.

i then will make a chipotle sauce, which is basically a 1/2cup ketchup, 1 chipotle (from a can is fine) juice of 2 lemons, pinch salt, pepper, a little cilantro and mix well. you can add a little whiskey or bourbon to the sauce to thin it out...not more that 3oz. slice the breast at an angle and serve with a wild rice pilaf or some garlic mashed potatoes...
I would listen to this guy. Sounds damn good to me.

The others sound good too.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Either one would work extremely well.. I just want to emphasis how careful you need to be not to over cook... they dry out Extremely Quick.

Enjoy em

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I read this and heard the voice of Don LaFontaine in my head.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bacon seems like a sure bet.

Daviso, I'm going to go with your way I think, sounds pretty damn good.

D - Amanda gets off at 6, I'm starting shortly after :smokingbo

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Bacon wrapped with fresh herbs like thyme, oregano and rosemary; dash of citrus, garlic, salt and pepper; roasted or grilled, that's it!

Enjoy.

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
quick threadjack:
where did you go?
i got a couple on monday up off the ortega nothing special but i didnt have enough time to go farther.. i might be going down near jwintosh this weekend...el centro!

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I love grilling dove, but it's also really good fried.

When I was a kid, we'd bring home plenty of birds, so Mom would lightly bread the breasts, and fry them in a skillet with a little bit of peanut oil like a round steak. Serve with biscuits and gravy, some fresh green beans and you have a feast. Delicious.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
quick threadjack:
where did you go?
i got a couple on monday up off the ortega nothing special but i didnt have enough time to go farther.. i might be going down near jwintosh this weekend...el centro!
BOTL DOVE HUNT!!!!!!:widemouth

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
BOTL DOVE HUNT!!!!!!:widemouth
Now this sounds fun. A bunch of guys drinking and smoking cigars while carrying loaded guns. COUNT ME IN. We can role play. I'll be Dick Cheney and one of you can be the other guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.:riflefire

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Now this sounds fun. A bunch of guys drinking and smoking cigars while carrying loaded guns. COUNT ME IN. We can role play. I'll be Dick Cheney and one of you can be the other guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.:riflefire
No guns for you.:thumbsup:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0

Very nice! I've done that same stuffnig with chicken breast only added 2 spinach leaves and deleted the chipotle sauce. I've always seasoned, seared and grilled or baked. I think i'll try the chipotle next time though. Sounds yummy.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm a dove virgin :blush: but after reading this threah, the next time I see it on a menu, I might have to take the plunge!