What's new

Downed Coast Guard MH-65C

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I dont know how many of you guys heard about the Coast Guard helicopter that crashed in Alabama. They had initially found 01 body but 03 were still missing, one of which was one of my classmates from the Coast Guard Academy who was the co-pilot. Well my classmates and I have been praying and hoping for the best, but yesterday his body was recovered. There have been several downed CG Helos in the past couple years, but none really hit home until this one when I found out my classmate was involved, and now that his body has been found it is had to believe. At the Academy it was a challenge for all, we started with 320 people and ended it with 235, so we all got to be like family. He was a guy that was always smiling and it was contagious, he will be missed. I ask that you please pray for his family that are obviously going through a really tough time right now.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry to hear brother. I have some CG friends from when I lived in Hawaii and give you all much respect. I thank your friend for his service as well as the rest of you.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Dude, I am so sorry to hear this. People sometimes don't understand what the CG goes through on a DAILY basis. When we my wife and I were first married we lived in Astoria, Oregon. We had several friends that worked for the CG, and in fact lost one of them while we lived there. They were constantly put into dangerous situations training and saving peoples lives.
I will pray for your friends family as well as you on your daily adventures. Thank you for your service to our Country.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Sorry to hear, bro. Losing a service mate is tough, and losing a classmate is toughX100. Most folks probably don't realize just how demanding and dangerous it is to serve in that particular branch. I'm not sure I could do it. Peace to you and your brothers.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thank you to everyone for their prayers for Thomas' family and the others who were involved in the crash. I cant say how much that is appreciated, not many things better in life than prayers.

Palmettoguy

42-28'48'' N
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
My thoughts and prayers go out the family and friends of our shipmates that recently crossed the bar:
LCDR Dale Taylor
LTJG Thomas Cameron
CPO Fernando Jorge
PO3 Andrew Knight

"Crossing the Bar" by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Sunset and evening star
And one clear call for me
And may there be no moaning of the bar
When I put out to sea

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home!

Twilight and evening bell
And after that the dark,
And may there be no sadness of farewell
When I embark,

For, though from out our bourn of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

DISCLAIMER: The below is for informational purposes only and IS NOT a solicitation for donations.

The Coast Guard Foundation maintains two funds to help families of Coast Guard personnel killed in the line of duty and provide college scholarships for their children. Donations can be submitted at http://www.coastguardfoundation.org/

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Sorry to post late on this brother. Sorry to hear about the loss. It's a risk we sign up for but hope it never happens. For thoes who serve and for thoes that gave all...God bless you!

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Sorry to hear about your friend and the rest of the crew as well. The CG rescue pilots fly in some crazy weather in the line of duty. They are some incredibly brave people.