What's new

DPG Blue Lanceros - woke up face-palming...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I am not sure why I have never thought of this before, but this is what happened:

I am slowly evolving into a Lancero fiend... I have gone back and revisited several blends which I love, but in the Lancero format. In every instance, I have yet to be disappointed. Then, just when I thought I was done with my Lancero cruisade, I woke up to the nagging question:

"Does the DPG Blue come in a Lancero?" (The answer would appear to be "yes.")

Afterall, this was my first stick (in a Churchill) that made me question my inventory and how much of it represented things that could be acquired on JR... And usually in those threads about listing your favorite lanceros, this one doesn't seem to get mentioned (not to my recollection, anyway). So before I go posting an ISO I thought I would ask the brothers, especially those whole love the lance, what your thoughts are on the DPG Blue Lancero. Let me know what you think.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
"Slap yo mama good", especially with some age.
A'ight then... I know what I got'sta do. (Seriously Craig, this comment pushed me over the ledge).
Seriously, just buy a box when you can find them. Otherwise you'll either end up driving right back to the store, or making a second order.
Believe me, I would, but space is a little hard to come by at the moment and most of my cigar budget is tied up in inventory...

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
According to legend the DPG Blue Lance was developed by Al, who owns Puff-N-Stuff in Atlanta, and the Garcias. I know Al had a big hand in the LFD Cameroon Lance, that I think was his exclusive. I don't know how true this is but it's what Al told me when I spent most of my last year of school in the shop. One of his employees had two extras from the OR that he traded me. Hands down one of the best lances I have ever had. I've had some since w/out as much age and they're still great but Craig is right, with age they're top-notch.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Does this glowing assessment apply to the other small-rg sticks in the lineup, like the little guys?

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks to sean, I love the DPG blue line, havent tried the lance vitola yet, but i'm sure its amazing.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Does this glowing assessment apply to the other small-rg sticks in the lineup, like the little guys?
Yeah, I had already gone thru a box of the demitasse and they were good but everytime I smoked one I was always wishing it had a slightly larger RG... Then I would smoke a churchill or a torpedo and wish that it was smaller in RG. I am expecting the lancero will probably hit the (r)Gspot.

^see what I did there? :eyebrow:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out with bigger ring gauges and stuck with them for the most part, but had a petit corona a couple of weeks ago that knock my socks off. I'm definitely investigating the lanceros of many makes now.