Votes: 22 36.1%
  • I prefer the Boris

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For you guys that have smoked the Drac's and Boris so far. Wich one is smoking better?

I tried them both last night, and they are both very good. But must say right now, I like the Boris better. But the Drac shows a lot of potentual.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are very weel made it comes down to your prefernce in flavor. The Boris has more upfront pepper IMO where the Drac is very refined and complex.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I will be smoking a Drac this weekend. The Boris was very good IMO.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I haven't smoked a Drac yet, but the Boris I had was insanely good, one of the best sticks I"ve ever had.

And personally I think this thread is highly in order--with all the hysteria dying down, now we can get back to talking about CIGARS, like which one of these sticks we like better.

On a side note (and at risk of being flamed), I personally don't really know why people get so upset over having a lot of threads on various topics relating to the same cigar ... if I don't want to read a thread, I don't read it. What's the big deal? Obviously duplicate threads are something else, but many of these Monster threads have been about different issues. People post about things that are of interest to them.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Itoo enjoy the Boris more than the Drac. The boris to me has more flavor and that Tat spice I have grown to love.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
PHP:
And personally I think this thread is highly in order--with all the hysteria dying down, now we can get back to talking about CIGARS, like which one of these sticks we like better.

On a side note (and at risk of being flamed), I personally don't really know why people get so upset over having a lot of threads on various topics relating to the same cigar ... if I don't want to read a thread, I don't read it. What's the big deal? Obviously duplicate threads are something else, but many of these Monster threads have been about different issues. People post about things that are of interest to them.
I totally agree on both points.

I'll add, I think this (drac/Boris stuff) has made the forum more interesting. Been on here for years and never seen so much interesting talk, hype, uniqueness, etc.
It's nice to see threads that aren't all about bombs. I love the talk about the cigars themselves, reviews, and industry news or hype.

bocker

Joe
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Have only smoked one of each but so far the Boris has the edge. I think the Drac needs to sit a bit.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Have only smoked one of each but so far the Boris has the edge. I think the Drac needs to sit a bit.
Yea, Pete said that both of these cigars were shipping TOO YOUNG, and that people should age them before enjoying them. It's our decision whether to do that, of course, lol. I plan to smoke one soon just to see how they evolve over time, but I'll wait until spring to smoke my 2nd.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yea, Pete said that both of these cigars were shipping TOO YOUNG, and that people should age them before enjoying them. It's our decision whether to do that, of course, lol. I plan to smoke one soon just to see how they evolve over time, but I'll wait until spring to smoke my 2nd.
No you won't....:tonguerol

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I

Brother Nate and others, you my friend will not get flamed. I love talking about cigars, all kinds of cigars from different manufactures. My point was that some continually keep talking about the smae cigars over and over, creating duplicate, triplicate and more threads about the same cigars.

Case in point, there were 4 threads dealing with getting both the cigars in question. Sort of overkill. Also, some have gravitated towards this board for some unknown reason (we know the reason) They cause some drama and add to the problem.That is the hysteria I am talking about. Information and knowledge is one reason I came to this board. The wealth of knowledge by the members is incredible.

As for the Drac and Boris, they are both young and will be great with some time, just as the Frank got better with age.. Yeah, I know the Frank was great to begin with, just as both the Drac and Boris are. But time has a way of making most things better. Smoke one now and then wait for a few months. See how the cigar develops taste wise and melds together.

Now the real question is, which is better, the Boris, The Frank or the Drac? lol