What's new

Draw issues between dress box and cab on PC

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Has anybody else noted a big difference in draw between the dress box and the cab on the Petit corona? Iv'e gone through a box of Boli PC and Monty 4 (both of which had a slight box press) and found many of them to be tight. I just finished a cab of Por Larranaga PC and never had a single stick with a draw issue. Was I just lucky with the PL's, or should I just stick with the cabs on all corona's?

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I don't have an answer to that but I was wondering the same thing about the boxes of Party PC, Hupmann PC and Boli PCs that I got. They are packed so tightly that they get box shaped.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You were lucky. I've had draw issues on cabs of 04 & 05 PLPCs and 06 Bolivar PCs. Not all the cigars, but too many for my liking. Never had draw problems on MC#4s, though the flavor intensity can be quite variable.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Never had a problem, so far, with anything after '04 with pc's. Dress box or cab, doesn't matter.

Did you wait a bit after getting them? Sometimes cigars are shipped over humidified and that may make them seem tight until they are balanced back out. Vendors shipping from a clearing warehouse are notorious for this. That would also cause them to "swell" in the box.
I rarely smoke a new arrival in less than 30+ days, most time more like 90 days.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Never had a problem, so far, with anything after '04 with pc's. Dress box or cab, doesn't matter.

Did you wait a bit after getting them? Sometimes cigars are shipped over humidified and that may make them seem tight until they are balanced back out. Vendors shipping from a clearing warehouse are notorious for this. That would also cause them to "swell" in the box.
I rarely smoke a new arrival in less than 30+ days, most time more like 90 days.
Got my 04 PLPCs in 04. Bought a couple cabs so still have them. Other PCs stored in the same area smoke fine. Just poor quality control, I'd guess.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Got my 04 PLPCs in 04. Bought a couple cabs so still have them. Other PCs stored in the same area smoke fine. Just poor quality control, I'd guess.
Wow, my '04 plpc's have been great. Down to my last two cabs. I'll check to see if they are ok. First two were cabs were fine.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Bought a box of '08 PLPCs and haven't had a problem with draw, only smoked 2 so they can get a little more age on them but I have experienced the "box pressed" look and tight draw on a recent box purchase of '07 Boli CJs.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Spoke too soon, this thread got me smoking a PLPC a few days ago that was tighter than a rookies ass in the prison shower. Keeping them at 65 RH so I'm thinking that's not the problem.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I've gotten 3 different brands of PCs in dress box and they have all had a tight draw. I just got my cab of Party Shorts and HdM Epicures cab yesterday... looking forward to smoking one of each to see what the draw is like.

One quick question... Do you guys ever get a cigar in a cab that looks like it's broken because the ribbon was tied too tight??

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave a buddy a sampler of Boli PC from a couple of boxes, he told me a couple months later that they were drawing poorly, I haven't experienced any draw problems with this box.

But what I found in final analysis, my buddy's humi was 70% and mine for cc are 65% maybe this had something to do with it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I run into tight draws with both cabs and dress box. Thinner the cigar the higher the probability. Never a problem however with Draw Poker prep. Bought on auction for $10 and saved $100s in wasted cigars and medical bills for collapsed lungs....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
some people recommend taking out one cigar from the dress box to "loosen the belt" so to speak. I've generally had less draw issues with cabs. I had one monte 4 that i took out of the dress box sitting in a tray for about 3 months that i smoked last night that had absolutely no draw issues. Another factor could be that i lowered my rh from 65 to 60 which could have helped. just some things to consider.