16   0   0
New dream car list after C & C today

Lambo Huracan LP610-4
Koenigsegg Agera R stays on my list forever
Dodge Viper T/A
Benz G65 AMG
Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Saw the 458 Speciale A at the C&C here this month. Idk why it just turned me off. Guy did have a gross color scheme on it though so idk. The Huracan... All day. Lamborghini got it right with that one. Still in love w the F430 Scuderia. Come on prices keep dropping!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Saw the 458 Speciale A at the C&C here this month. Idk why it just turned me off. Guy did have a gross color scheme on it though so idk. The Huracan... All day. Lamborghini got it right with that one. Still in love w the F430 Scuderia. Come on prices keep dropping!
I like the speciale for the little extras but I do believe the regular 458 still looks better. There was an Aventador SV there too, the Irene didn't even know how to drive the thing it was funny when he left.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
New dream car list after C & C today

Lambo Huracan LP610-4
Koenigsegg Agera R stays on my list forever
Dodge Viper T/A
Benz G65 AMG
Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458 Speciale
TLDR: Huracan is most visceral driving experience. It has grip, drive and emotion like you can't fucking handle.

I did a 70 lap track day @ Exotics Racing Las Vegas in early August. This was effectively a test drive of cars I want but unsure which one. 10 laps each plus freebies:
Cayman GTS (buy the shit out of these before they go 4cly turbo!)
R8 V10+ (pointless useless car, and that is saying something)
Gallardo Superleggera ( great track car! IT FUCKING DRIFTS! rotates corners amazingly well)
458 Italia (supermodel begging for it!)
Huracan (grab the bull by both horns and ride it home!)
Aventador (wider than my Tundra and corners like it. Rapes your eyeballs on exit drive. Everyone should drive a NA V12 before they die)

The Huracan ruled the day with the 458 in close second (2s/lap slower). It really depends what you want. I thought I wanted a Gallardo SL but the 458 and Huracan put it to shame. The 458 corners on perpetual rails, making you think you are a far better driver than reality proves in other cars. The computers in the 458 are sublime and the exhaust note is orgasmic. Every instructor favored that car over the others. The Huracan is it for me though. It's a fucking BULL, bucking and protesting at the slightest imperfection in your driving. The Huracan is like driving on ice compared to the 458 but I loved it so much more. You fucking KNOW when you nail an apex and exit drive in a Huracan. With the 458 its ambiguous. In the end I spent $3K to avoid a $200K mistake that is the Gallardo. Next year I'll buy a gently used Cayman GTS while I save up for a Huracan.

I would not buy an Aventador in current form. All of the oil/temp gauges were malfunctioning in my car and it needed forced air induction cooling to keep it from blowing up between sessions. But I would sell any children I had for an Aventador SuperVeloce. Any car with a sub-7min lap @ Nordscheiffe has my respect.

Last edited:

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
TLDR: Huracan is most visceral driving experience. It has grip, drive and emotion like you can't fucking handle.

I did a 70 lap track day @ Exotics Racing Las Vegas in early August. This was effectively a test drive of cars I want but unsure which one. 10 laps each plus freebies:
Cayman GTS (buy the shit out of these before they go 4cly turbo!)
R8 V10+ (pointless useless car, and that is saying something)
Gallardo Superleggera ( great track car! IT FUCKING DRIFTS! rotates corners amazingly well)
458 Italia (supermodel begging for it!)
Huracan (grab the bull by both horns and ride it home!)
Aventador (wider than my Tundra and corners like it. Rapes your eyeballs on exit drive. Everyone should drive a NA V12 before they die)

The Huracan ruled the day with the 458 in close second (2s/lap slower). It really depends what you want. I thought I wanted a Gallardo SL but the 458 and Huracan put it to shame. The 458 corners on perpetual rails, making you think you are a far better driver than reality proves in other cars. The computers in the 458 are sublime and the exhaust note is orgasmic. Every instructor favored that car over the others. The Huracan is it for me though. It's a fucking BULL, bucking and protesting at the slightest imperfection in your driving. The Huracan is like driving on ice compared to the 458 but I loved it so much more. You fucking KNOW when you nail an apex and exit drive in a Huracan. With the 458 its ambiguous. In the end I spent $3K to avoid a $200K mistake that is the Gallardo. Next year I'll buy a gently used Cayman GTS while I save up for a Huracan.

I would not buy an Aventador in current form. All of the oil/temp gauges were malfunctioning in my car and it needed forced air induction cooling to keep it from blowing up between sessions. But I would sell any children I had for an Aventador SuperVeloce. Any car with a sub-7min lap @ Nordscheiffe has my respect.
Well put across all fronts except for me the gallardo has always been the useless car while the r8 v10 had much more use in daily life. I know guys that are repeat buyers of r8 v10s and have owned other cars on that level. They always say the r8 is the best because you can literally drive that exotic every single day and it's reliable and fun. Although they admit that little modifications go a long way. My buddy has a v10 r8 spyder catless and straight piped, tune, and a couple of little mods with the gated 6spd manual and I love that thing. Glorious loudness with ability to row own gears. He is selling it to buy a range rover SVR and then getting a McLaren next summer. You should give the McLaren a test.

Huracan is on my must buy list. Trying to purchase one within the next 2-3 years. Fingers crossed.

Also I think the Cayman gt4 is the one to get even over the gts. But also got a friend that drives a Gt3. With gmg exhaust and that thing is bad ass.

As for the 458... I've wanted one since its inception. Still do. Gorgeous cars with the sounds that only Ferrari can make. Also don't forget the f12 haha.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well put across all fronts except for me the gallardo has always been the useless car while the r8 v10 had much more use in daily life. I know guys that are repeat buyers of r8 v10s and have owned other cars on that level. They always say the r8 is the best because you can literally drive that exotic every single day and it's reliable and fun. Although they admit that little modifications go a long way. My buddy has a v10 r8 spyder catless and straight piped, tune, and a couple of little mods with the gated 6spd manual and I love that thing. Glorious loudness with ability to row own gears. He is selling it to buy a range rover SVR and then getting a McLaren next summer. You should give the McLaren a test.

Huracan is on my must buy list. Trying to purchase one within the next 2-3 years. Fingers crossed.

Also I think the Cayman gt4 is the one to get even over the gts. But also got a friend that drives a Gt3. With gmg exhaust and that thing is bad ass.

As for the 458... I've wanted one since its inception. Still do. Gorgeous cars with the sounds that only Ferrari can make. Also don't forget the f12 haha.
Eddy I sincerely hope you get your Huracan in the next 2-3 years - the SL version is out in 2017 so keep an eye out! I'm looking to buy in 2017 or 18 too. Peak depreciation hits on 2013 Gallardos then too. Even the loaded ones.
Certainly if it came down to just the R8 V10+ vs Gallardo SL I'd go for the R8. More headroom and everyday drivability for sure. It's just boring on the track compared to all the other cars I drove is all. While I'd pass on a SL purchase too, I'd be all over something more rigid and rare like the SuperTrofeo Stradale or a Performante Spyder with IPE headers and a Kreisseg exhaust. Fit & finish in those 2013+ cars is just glorious.

Reactions: ENV
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
This is funny because I grew up 2 minutes from that shopping center. The highlight of the Yorktown C&C was when Ben brought up his Panda Veyron and some dude in a black F50 that was thrown in a ditch and totaled a couple weeks later.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Eddy I sincerely hope you get your Huracan in the next 2-3 years - the SL version is out in 2017 so keep an eye out! I'm looking to buy in 2017 or 18 too. Peak depreciation hits on 2013 Gallardos then too. Even the loaded ones.
Certainly if it came down to just the R8 V10+ vs Gallardo SL I'd go for the R8. More headroom and everyday drivability for sure. It's just boring on the track compared to all the other cars I drove is all. While I'd pass on a SL purchase too, I'd be all over something more rigid and rare like the SuperTrofeo Stradale or a Performante Spyder with IPE headers and a Kreisseg exhaust. Fit & finish in those 2013+ cars is just glorious.
Any seat time in the 430 Scud? At the price point I dont think I could make myself go with a Gallardo unless I planned on sending it off to UGR. And then you are talking Huracan money. New Ford GT seemed awesome until they put a freaking TT 6cyl in it. Blasphemous! Im sure it will be a performer but maaaaan just something about winding out a NA V8/10/12. How did you feel about the Vegas experience? Do you feel like you got a full on experience of the cars for the price?

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Any seat time in the 430 Scud? At the price point I dont think I could make myself go with a Gallardo unless I planned on sending it off to UGR. And then you are talking Huracan money. New Ford GT seemed awesome until they put a freaking TT 6cyl in it. Blasphemous! Im sure it will be a performer but maaaaan just something about winding out a NA V8/10/12. How did you feel about the Vegas experience? Do you feel like you got a full on experience of the cars for the price?
I sat in the 430 Scud but didn't drive. It was the best-sounding, ugliest-looking car present that day. Seriously, the interior has spotty welding and tons of shortcuts that the 458 didn't have. But OMFG the sound - it was like Mechagodzilla raping Godzilla!!!
Exotics Racing Las Vegas was worth every penny and I'd reco it to anyone who wants to test-drive their dream cars on the track. As far as pace goes, I was doing 52s laps by the end of the day regardless of the car. There's way more time out there but it's more about learning the track and the specific car at that point. 60 laps and most in-shape guys are completely toast both mentally and physically. WRT intensity of the driving experience, in the Gallardo we turned ESC off and got some really predictable, controllable drifts out of the car once I earned the trust of the instructor. I didn't ask for it, he just saw it was time to amp things up.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If I play my cards right I should be able to snatch up one of these for under $180K in the next 18-24mo. Seeing a red STS in person is like having your eyeballs (and only your eyeballs) abducted by aliens. It's only surreal in Red. I've seen black and white in person too and it's just not the same.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I saw a Maserati Ghibli S Q4 today and got a chance to really scope it out. It jumped right to the top of my "Lotto Car" list. I had seen pictures, but pictures don't do it justice.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I sat in the 430 Scud but didn't drive. It was the best-sounding, ugliest-looking car present that day. Seriously, the interior has spotty welding and tons of shortcuts that the 458 didn't have. But OMFG the sound - it was like Mechagodzilla raping Godzilla!!!
Exotics Racing Las Vegas was worth every penny and I'd reco it to anyone who wants to test-drive their dream cars on the track. As far as pace goes, I was doing 52s laps by the end of the day regardless of the car. There's way more time out there but it's more about learning the track and the specific car at that point. 60 laps and most in-shape guys are completely toast both mentally and physically. WRT intensity of the driving experience, in the Gallardo we turned ESC off and got some really predictable, controllable drifts out of the car once I earned the trust of the instructor. I didn't ask for it, he just saw it was time to amp things up.
Yeah the sound is pretty unbelievable. idk why I have always had a soft spot for the scud. For some reason I just like the raw, no frills draw that the car has... Then again Ive never been in a 458 and I doubt its possible to get in one and not fall in love with it lol. That white lol. You drove the SL correct? I imagine the RWD balboni would be a little more visceral especially if you grab one with that beautiful gated manual trans lol. How did you like the egear?