What's new

Dream car

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I found my dream car...1965 Ford Mustang
I've wanted one of these since I was a little kid.
It needs a little TLC but overall I'm very excited.
Everything works, only thing it really needs is a new headliner and minor chip/bubbling paint repair & paint job.
I will upgrade the radio with a new one that fits in the original opening, amp, and new speakers.
20190814_192937.jpg20190814_192816.jpgs-l400.jpg

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Note, the vent ( "grille" between the hood and the windshield with the hood closed ) water gets in, obviously and is supposed to run down the sides by either fender.
There are two "high hats" that rot and water runs down the interior driver and passenger sides. This is what rots the floor pans.
And inspect the shock towers, also for rust.
Know pony issues
source: I had a 67...

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah, been thinking about converting to disc all around and maybe converting to power steering too. We'll see
Yeah, safety first. My first inspection in 1996 ( six weeks after purchase) , the 67 didn't have seat belts. They passed it because it was "grandfathered" . This was in NJ no less.
The mount points were in the body so I easily installed lap belts a few weeks later. Sorry to carry on, but you're never going to regret this acquisition. You'll see...
LOL. I'm psyched for ya, man!

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Yeah, safety first. My first inspection in 1996 ( six weeks after purchase) , the 67 didn't have seat belts. They passed it because it was "grandfathered" . This was in NJ no less.
The mount points were in the body so I easily installed lap belts a few weeks later. Sorry to carry on, but you're never going to regret this acquisition. You'll see...
LOL. I'm psyched for ya, man!
By all means carry on...I like hearing about classic cars. Yeah, I'm psyched too, this came out of the blue. I was going to buy a new mini cooper, but they changed the body style, now I don't like the way they look. I wouldn't buy a used mini because unless the seller can provide documentation that the car was taken care of properly, you never know what problems you'll have. They're not cheap to repair, and some parts you have to wait for it to be made.
I figured with a carb'd v8 its easy to fix, I grew up working on cars. No BS sensors or computer.