What's new

Dress Shoes

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Random side thread of the morning here...

What is everyone’s preferred dress shoe?

And more importantly if you wear loafers with a suit... socks or no socks?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Under $200 - Cole Haan
Over $200 - Allen Edmonds

No loafers for me, but if I did I would have to wear socks bcuz no socks is just nasty.
I should have figured you were all about the AE.

My goto are the classic Gucci horsebit lofers, no socks (I cheat with the sperry socks), but I wish I would have bought the AE “knock offs” instead. When it comes time to replace these the Allen Edmonds are getting the job.

I’m no socks even with a “proper suit” in a lot of circumstances, but that’s probably due to my exposure to all the arrogant “banker” types.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Ohh no, why did I see this thread....

• AE - For everyday beaters you can’t beat AE but they are not on the most elegant last but tried and true me; Fifth Ave all the way.
• Santoni - Sleeker and the leather quality is amazing but pretty basic. Not dress shoe related but their casual line is great, having been rocking a pair of suede churkas like nobody’s business on the weekends, lol.
• Gaziano Girling - one of the only English shoes minus Crockett and Jones that doesn’t feel like wearing bricks, talking to you Church’s. $$$ but so worth it especially if you get a deep patina shine but don’t get to wear them as much since work is going more casual.

Shoes like watches, buy the best you can afford and cry once and it will treat you for many many years.

Absolutely Stunning

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have an AE single strap monk (Warwicks) that I love to death in walnut.

I need to find something in black too - i have some super cheap black "dress" shoes that have worked in a pinch but need to up the game there.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whatever I can find in my size (15)
Can those double for skis? lol

When I retired I stopped wearing dress shoe except for important dinners, anniversary, cruises in MDR. I use to be a real "clotheshorse" and have about 12 pairs of nice dress shoes but now I have more flip flops and casual stuff...sandals....and a ton of Jimmy Buffet shirts to complete the bum-look. One thing about any shoe....make sure they are comfortable or your day is ruined and hobbling around is not a good look at all.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Can those double for skis? lol

When I retired I stopped wearing dress shoe except for important dinners, anniversary, cruises in MDR. I use to be a real "clotheshorse" and have about 12 pairs of nice dress shoes but now I have more flip flops and casual stuff...sandals....and a ton of Jimmy Buffet shirts to complete the bum-look. One thing about any shoe....make sure they are comfortable or your day is ruined and hobbling around is not a good look at all.
You old man!

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
For anybody looking for decent dress shoes and can't afford the $300 min (or significantly more) brands being dropped in here, I swear by Cole Haans as average wear dress shoes. You can almost ALWAYS find a pair of decent Cole Haan oxfords in black and brown from a discount store like Nordstrom Rack, or Sak's Off 5th, in the $100-150 range. Which for a quality dress shoe is very well priced.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I should have figured you were all about the AE.

My goto are the classic Gucci horsebit lofers, no socks (I cheat with the sperry socks), but I wish I would have bought the AE “knock offs” instead. When it comes time to replace these the Allen Edmonds are getting the job.

I’m no socks even with a “proper suit” in a lot of circumstances, but that’s probably due to my exposure to all the arrogant “banker” types.
I have 3 pairs, and love them all.

Casual Boot - https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/clearance/shoes/vancouver-boot/SF5929.html?dwvar_SF5929_color=5927#start=15
Casual Dress - https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/clearance/shoes/cove-drive/SF6992.html?dwvar_SF6992_color=6996#q=cove+drive&start=2
Dress - https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/fifth-avenue-cap-toe-oxfords/SF5736.html?dwvar_SF5736_color=5736#q=fifth+avenue&start=6