What's new

Drew Estate at Rudy's Shop - May 7, 6-9 pm

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Drew Estate at Rudy's Shop (Fort Wayne)
Thursday, May 7 at 6 - 9 pm

Any Fort Wayne brothers coming?

I know last year @DogRockets , @Horseshoe , @Acefisher1 were there. Should be a good time, although the whole Thursday thing limits how much of their fine beer selection I can partake in.

Anyone else from the area stopping through chime in! I'd love to meet some of you guys.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I knew they were having an event, but I didn't know it was DE. Never been to one of these. Are they worth attending?
Yeah, DE throws the best event of the year. I've been to Camacho and Rocky Patel as well, but DE is a blast. Rudy's is awesome even when there's not an event. Come on out, you'll be glad you did!

Also you have a chance to meet fellow BOTLs. DogRockets and Horseshoe are two of my really good buddies and we didn't even meet until this event last year.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah, DE throws the best event of the year. I've been to Camacho and Rocky Patel as well, but DE is a blast. Rudy's is awesome even when there's not an event. Come on out, you'll be glad you did!

Also you have a chance to meet fellow BOTLs. DogRockets and Horseshoe are two of my really good buddies and we didn't even meet until this event last year.
I've been to Rudy's, just not for an event. Maybe I'll stop by and check it out.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
DE event is hands down the best event. Most events are boring, but the DE rep usually has a bag of good swag, and is a lot more friendly.

I am so pumped up to go tomorrow night!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Going to try and make it. Have golf at 4:45 so should be able to be there around 7:30. Do they sell event only sticks?
If you mean are there sticks there that are event exlusives... no. Unfortunately Rudy's isn't a licensed Liga Privada dealer (no one in Fort Wayne is apparently), so there were no Ligas at the event last year. I would bank on that being the same this year. There may have been a better Acid selection than normal if that's your thing. I brought a LP9 to smoke last year, but picked up some UC Corona Vivas to smoke the rest of the time.

So that being said, if there's not even Ligas I would say it's a safe bet there will be no exclusives. Still a good time though, don't let that change your mind!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks to @Jadawin for an awesome time tonight at the DE event! Had a blast getting to sit and chat for a while. Getting to ask questions that only an industry insider would know good answers to is really cool.

Saw a couple guys from the FW Cigar and Pipe club out there tonight, though I didn't get a chance to chat with any of them. But I had a lot of fun just chatting and lighting up with @DogRockets and @Horseshoe .

To clarify on my statement above, Ben corrected me tonight that more than a "licensing" issue with the Ligas and Unicos, it's actually a volume thing. The FW cigar lounges don't sell the volume to get a line for Ligas. So that's good info to know.

Brent and I both won something, the turnout was pretty good, and the weather was perfect. Thanks again Ben and DE for throwing what always turns out to be the best event!