What's new

Drew Estate LP Velvet Rat debut in Chicago

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wish I could make it as it sounds like a really special event is about to go down. All the very best for jd & co...those guys deserve it.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I would love too but it isn't probably gonna work out for me. Even if I drive all the way there I would only have enough money to buy like one cigar. Lol. It looks like its gonna be one hell of a event. Nobody can throw a party like Drew Estate.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm confused. I keep hearing how tough it is to produce Liga's but all of these LEs keep popping up. Weird stuff.

I literally can't find a T52 or 9 anywhere near me.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm confused. I keep hearing how tough it is to produce Liga's but all of these LEs keep popping up. Weird stuff.

Podman has some. Im still trying to aquire some Dirty Rats :sadstare:

Rating - 100%
45   0   0

Podman has some. Im still trying to aquire some Dirty Rats :sadstare:
I can find them online, I prefer to shop locally. My point was that every B&M I go to that normally stocks them tells me they are hard to get now.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
These regular No.9 and T52 are both different then this particular blend Otaku. As such, they have tobacco to be able to make this particular stick but not the regular lines. Beyond that, there were only 40 bundles of 10 made of this particular one. 400 cigars isn't much at all. I am sure Steve or JD can elaborate more on the differences. I can see where your coming from though, tough to see how they can make all of these special editions but not the regular line stuff. It is just a matter of what tobacco they have available.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Looks like they are starting to follow the Tatuaje business model. Coming soon a costly fan club!

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Looks like they are starting to follow the Tatuaje business model. Coming soon a costly fan club!
Disappointing for sure, but I can't blame them. I imagine margins on LE sticks are higher because they are "rare".

That being said, I still love LP. And if I had a chance, I'd purchase that there Velvet Rat in a heartbeat.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone know what the wrapper is on this one? Please tell me it's not another CT Broadleaf.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
This basically happens because the market will pay for it.

If people stop paying for these LE & 1 offs they will go away.

If you like em - chase away.
If you dont - let others chase.
Sometimes the chase is the fun part.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I wasn't looking for explinations or stories about limited tobaccos. I was simply making an observation about the LE market and how it spreads like a virus. :razz:

I for one stopped chasing LEs a long time ago. If I see them and can easily get some, great, if not, no big deal.

That being said, when I can actually FIND Ligas, I tend to buy a couple.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I imagine margins on LE sticks are higher because they are "rare".
I believe Steve stated previously that they're not looking to increase margins, they have a set margin across all lines, so pricing is based on that set margin.
Probably margin %, but gross margins will still be higher, making the LE cigars more profitable in absolute terms.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Errrrrrrrrrr really want to go. Gotta work but have vacation days... I have a few goodies I want to get and that is such a bad ass

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Errrrrrrrrrr really want to go. Gotta work but have vacation days... I have a few goodies I want to get and that is such a bad ass place!?!?!?