What's new

Drew Estate LP Velvet Rat debut in Chicago

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This should be a pretty huge event! I'm looking forward to it. Willy Herrera will also be with us rolling the new Herrera Esteli!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I imagine margins on LE sticks are higher because they are "rare".
I believe Steve stated previously that they're not looking to increase margins, they have a set margin across all lines, so pricing is based on that set margin.
Probably margin %, but gross margins will still be higher, making the LE cigars more profitable in absolute terms.
IIRC, what Steve said was they have a set dollar amount they shoot for, not like a percentage, that they want to make on each stick. So like if stick "a" cost $5 to make, they sell it for $7. If stick "b costs $11 to make, they sell it for $13.

I would think in any case lower production numbers would likely reduce profitability, even if the margin were higher, since they're selling so few.

Then again, I could be wrong. Have been before!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So are the velvet rats actually going to be on sale there? I'm way out on the west coast but a milder LP sounds interesting.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This should be a pretty huge event! I'm looking forward to it. Willy Herrera will also be with us rolling the new Herrera Esteli!
Loved the few Herrera Esteli's I've smoked. Interestingly enough, was gifted a thicker (56+ ring guage) one at the Little Puff from Willy and thats been my favorite one so far. Not a power bomb by any means but amazing aroma and nice flavors throughout. This is one line that I"m really anticipating. Have fun to everyone that makes it to the event. G1

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
So are the velvet rats actually going to be on sale there? I'm way out on the west coast but a milder LP sounds interesting.
Yes. It will be extremely limited just like the Ratzilla release was. I've heard that they are limiting it to one 5er per person (like the Zilla)....and are not doing phone/internet orders. Must be present to purchase.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Some pretty cool cigars have come out of the LE market. I actually like the idea of moving away from mass produced sticks into small batches. I have bought many small batch of what at the time was considered boutique cigars. Some were good and some were incredible. Since tobacco is an annual growth thing, I never expect the same profile year after year anyway. You can blend so much but mother nature is going to have her way with you eventually. That is why I always buy boxes. That way I am a little versus very sad when you cannot get a certain stick anymore.