What's new

Drew Estate Online store

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just as a little warning. I ordered from there and it took my ashtray 6 weeks to come in. ( I was charged the day after I ordered it) The reason for this is because after the 4th week I started sending emails and calling to find out where it was, and they told me that it was on it's way and it would be there soon. After the 5th week I called again and said where is it. John Brooke said that he was very sorry and the order was lost in the warehouse. He said that he would send it rush delivery and add a 5 pack to make up for it. Well the Ashtray finally came in but now after almost 2 months of me sending emails to jbrooke@drewestate.com trying to see if they really were going to send that 5 pack I have given up on that. At least I finally received the ashtray.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just as a little warning. I ordered from there and it took my ashtray 6 weeks to come in. ( I was charged the day after I ordered it) The reason for this is because after the 4th week I started sending emails and calling to find out where it was, and they told me that it was on it's way and it would be there soon. After the 5th week I called again and said where is it. John Brooke said that he was very sorry and the order was lost in the warehouse. He said that he would send it rush delivery and add a 5 pack to make up for it. Well the Ashtray finally came in but now after almost 2 months of me sending emails to jbrooke@drewestate.com trying to see if they really were going to send that 5 pack I have given up on that. At least I finally received the ashtray.
Ron, I'm sorry for the delay, brother. The ashtray was on backorder, hence the long delay in shipping.

Also, your 5pk, which I sent to make up for the delay, was returned to us by UPS. I wasn't informed of this by the guys in the warehouse, and it will reship today.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay and I hope the 5pk of free sticks will make up for it. Here's your UPS tracking number, 1Z5AV6070397834970, the package will be there by Wednesday.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There's a bunch of stuff I want (Holy CRAP those LP ashtrays are the SH*T). I'll probably just get some folks to pick some of it up as gifts for B-Day/Christmas, whatnot, but would really like to be able to just buy something. I'm just curious, because I don't see anything that would keep shipments from Florida, unless they are IN Florida (looks like in Miami?) and trying to avoid charging taxes or some such? Hell, I'll pay sales tax. :dunno:
We are located in Miami, and with the ridiculously confusing sales tax in Florida, we cannot legally sell to you guys. We have to charge sales tax by county in Florida, and there isn't an online shopping cart that currently supports it, at least to my knowledge. I've talked to ****** personally about this, and there is nothing they can do about it. The best way to get our merchandise it to:

1. Go to one of our events, we usually have some merch.
2. Ask your local DE retailer to order the merch for you
3. Get it shipped to a relative/friend in another state and have them forward it on to you.

I know it's a pain, and I got a bunch of ribbing about it from Skipper and Scott when they were on Cigar Safari last October. All I can say is that hopefully someone builds something to accommodate Florida online retailers.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
We are located in Miami, and with the ridiculously confusing sales tax in Florida, we cannot legally sell to you guys. We have to charge sales tax by county in Florida, and there isn't an online shopping cart that currently supports it, at least to my knowledge. I've talked to ****** personally about this, and there is nothing they can do about it. The best way to get our merchandise it to:

3. Get it shipped to a relative/friend in another state and have them forward it on to you.

I know it's a pain, and I got a bunch of ribbing about it from Skipper and Scott when they were on Cigar Safari last October. All I can say is that hopefully someone builds something to accommodate Florida online retailers.
Ribbing from me? I would never give you shit about the fact I can't order a liga ashtray from the online store over, and over, and over... :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0

JD, I have small online company and I have to do the same thing when it comes to sales tax. I use a system by Intuit (not that I'm really recommending them) and it does have the ability to calculate the various and yes, ridiculous, multiple jurisdiction sales taxes in FL. It's just tedious to set up.

Thanks for the explanation.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Koujo.

Sorry about the delays. John Brooke has had a lot of different projects to work on and we havent been concentrating on the websales as much as necessary. Following our trade show, i am going to work with him to tighten our systems and improve everything. If you dont like the 5 pack items, please FB me at Jonathan Drew and I will make it up to ya.

JD

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Koujo.

Sorry about the delays. John Brooke has had a lot of different projects to work on and we havent been concentrating on the websales as much as necessary. Following our trade show, i am going to work with him to tighten our systems and improve everything. If you dont like the 5 pack items, please FB me at Jonathan Drew and I will make it up to ya.

JD
Thanks for the follow up. I am good to go. I am happy yall offered a 5 pack. Some companies don't even offer an apology. John explained what happened off line and I feel more confident about making more purchases. I will continue to buy your products. Plus it doesn't hurt that yall make one of my favorite cigars(T52).