What's new

Drew Estate's BOTL Cigar Safari 2013, February 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

It's time again, folks! Time for a BOTL Cigar Safari. If you're unfamiliar with Cigar Safari, it's a 4 day, 3 night trip to Nicaragua where you'll visit our factory, along with a handful of other factories (Joya de Nicaragua, My Father, Padron), relax, smoke cigars, and hang out with your fellow BOTL members. This years trip is February 6-9. The trip is $650 per person ($550 for CRA/military) plus airfare, and that's all inclusive. We will pick you up from the airport, chauffeur the group around Nicaragua, provide all food, drinks, and cigars, and cover all lodging. You won't have to spend a dime in Nicaragua unless you're interested in souvenirs.

Jonathan Drew, Eric [BOTL], and myself (John Brooke) will all be on the trip. After attending the first two BOTL Cigar Safari trips, I can't wait to be in Nica again with you guys.

This year's trip has 14 spots remaining. If you are interested in registering, click here to book your spot. The password for the trip is cigars. These spots will go very quickly and, once they are filled, we will not open up more spots. Your spot will be paid through EventBrite, an online ticketing system that uses Pay Pal as a payment processor. It's a very secure system that we've been using for a few years now without problems. After you've registered, we prefer that you book your airfare through our travel agent, Jeff Lewis. He helps keep everything organized and makes sure everyone arrives and departs at the same time.

His info:

Jeff Lewis
V.I.P Travel Consultant, LUXE Travel
16450 Bake Parkway, Suite 100 • Irvine, CA 92618
o: 866-575-6971 x1612
949-242-9344 Direct
714-293-2767 Cell
jlewis@luxetm.com

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread or email me at jbrooke (at) drewestate [dot] com. Also, feel free to speak with any of the members who attended last year. I'm sure they can give you an idea of what the trip is like.

FAQ:

Q: Is there a CRA/Military Discount?

A: Yes, the discount is $100 off. Please let me know if you are a CRA member or military and I will refund you $100 off your ticket after you pay.

Q: Do we need a visa/passport?

A: You will receive a travel visa upon landing in Nicaragua, they cost $10 [US cash only] and they will provide you with all necessary paperwork. You have to have a valid passport, and it cannot expire within 6 months of the trip. This is very important, as you will not be able to enter the country if your passport expires within 6 months of the trip date. There is still plenty of time to renew if you start now.

Q: Which flights do we need to be on arriving in and departing from Managua?

A: We prefer that you book through our travel agent, as he keeps everything well organized, but if you would like quotes or would like to book your own tickets, the flight numbers are AA 969 on the way down and AA 952 or 970 on the way back.

Q: Do we need to bring any cigars?

A: Not unless you would like to bring some HTFs/ISOMs to trade around. Also, you will be coming home with at least 20 cigars (your own blends from DE & Joya), and will most likely be coming home with something in the neighborhood of 20-30 cigars. Plan accordingly. Most guys bring an empty Cigar Caddy or at least some empty bags.

Q: What are these boots I keep hearing about?

Well, there is a stellar boot maker in Esteli who has been making boots for people for the past few months. The boots are handmade and generally run around $100. Bring cash if you're interested.

Q: What about t-shirts/jackets/etc?

If you bring your own blank shirts, jackets, guayaberas, etc., Jessi can get them screenprinted with some custom DE logos.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Do it guys, you will have such a great time!

If you can spare a few extra days after the trip, I would also highly recommend visiting other parts of the country. When I went in 2010, I went 3 days early and stayed 5 days after. I figured since I was flying all the way from Seattle, I might as well see more of the country! Ometepe Island is a great destination and there are some good places along the Pacific Coast which is pretty cool as well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm, should I go with the Outlaw crew or should I go on the BOTL safari? Though there may be certain people (Brooke) who would hit me with a shovel for going 3 years in a row:). Yes, I am that guy.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As someone new to BOTL, will I have fun traveling alone down there? It sounds completely badass, but I don't know many people yet.
Yes you will. The first safari I went on I didn't know anybody going into it and had an awesome time, there are a couple of people from it that I still keep in touch with.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
As someone new to BOTL, will I have fun traveling alone down there? It sounds completely badass, but I don't know many people yet.
There were a few "solo" bros on my trip, and I can tell you they had the time of their lives there. Like Jay said, a must for any cigar smoker.

Drew Estate goes all out to make sure everything is perfect. I can't even explain the compound they have for guests, rooms are perfect, common area is top notch and as far as the food.... They have a chef cooking 3 meals a day for you and it is some of the best food you have ever eaten!

If you are on the fence about this trip, just do it! You tour factories, smoke great cigars, eat great food, plenty of drinks for the drinkers, play poker and bond with great people!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you don't like meeting people and are a total introvert, that's your decision. But if you are like most people that go on these trips, you will have a blast. I didn't know anyone personally before I went and had a blast. Everyone there is going for the same reason... having the time of their lives! :)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Very very bummed. Was all set to buy a ticket, than realized it the dates overlap with my biggest conference of the year. Totally bummed.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I have been on this trip 3 times now, and can say if you have the means to go, make sure you do! the DE crew is top notch, and the food is crazy good. Experience of a lifetime...

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
This trip is definitely on my bucket list, and sooner rather than later. I am so jealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.