What's new

Drew Estates Smoking Monk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have serious, serious doubts that a cigar could ever pair with an IPA. Just saying.
For the most part the hops do overpower the cigar and it is hard to find something that compliments a bitter IPA. I am a HUGE hophead and continue to try to find cigars that pair well with IPA. It certainly is not the "ideal" pairing like I get with stouts, porters, and scotch ales. Sweeter beers tend to be the best for pairing with cigars IMO. I have found that the more "balanced" IPAs that have a sweet, malty backbone (like Bell's Two Hearted) pair decently with a stick that has some tobacco sweetness and a fair amount of spice, like Flor De Las Antilles. This all comes as the opinion of some random dude on the internet though and we all know that opinions are like assholes... That being said, I won't go out of my way to get ahold of these sticks but if I can find some singles locally I will give em a shot

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
For the most part the hops do overpower the cigar and it is hard to find something that compliments a bitter IPA. I am a HUGE hophead and continue to try to find cigars that pair well with IPA. It certainly is not the "ideal" pairing like I get with stouts, porters, and scotch ales. Sweeter beers tend to be the best for pairing with cigars IMO. I have found that the more "balanced" IPAs that have a sweet, malty backbone (like Bell's Two Hearted) pair decently with a stick that has some tobacco sweetness and a fair amount of spice, like Flor De Las Antilles. This all comes as the opinion of some random dude on the internet though and we all know that opinions are like assholes... That being said, I won't go out of my way to get ahold of these sticks but if I can find some singles locally I will give em a shot
Dogfish head 90 minute works with cigars like fausto and jdn antano 1970. Big pepper sweet tobacco flavors.

Opinions and all I know. :)

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'll see if I can find it, but someone on instagram dissected one of these (don't know which one) and discovered that it had pipe tobacco mixed in with the long filler. Not sure if I believe it or not.
Dogfish head 90 minute works with cigars like fausto and jdn antano 1970. Big pepper sweet tobacco flavors.

Opinions and all I know. :)
I agree with this statement.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a 5 pack of the heffewiezen that I have been wanting to try. I am a big wheat beer guy. Got 6 Blvds in the fridge just have not had a warm enough day that I wanted to try them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a fiver of the hefenweizen to. Was on a hurry when bidding and thought I was getting a sampler. Yet to try it as I just got them however in my travels of research supposEdly these are infused cigars.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I smoked a Porter today. Gotta say I was disappointed overall. Started off ok but flavors seemed to fade pretty quickly and got pretty boring. I was drinking a vanilla porter while smoking it. Not one I'd personally buy again.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got a fiver of the hefenweizen to. Was on a hurry when bidding and thought I was getting a sampler. Yet to try it as I just got them however in my travels of research supposEdly these are infused cigars.
Are all the Smoking Monks infused? I passed on the release and if thats the case I'll be happier I did.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I'll see if I can find it, but someone on instagram dissected one of these (don't know which one) and discovered that it had pipe tobacco mixed in with the long filler. Not sure if I believe it or not.

I agree with this statement.
I have dissected them, and they do have pipe tobacco in them.