What's new

Drew Estates

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just read an interesting article last night in Cigar Magazine about Jonathan Drew and how he started Drew Estates. Pretty interesting read. Basically with no background or history in cigars and after a lot of trial and error he is off and running. I know lots of people slam his ACID lines and Natural lines, but I may have to re-visit some of his smokes. I will, however, leave the sweet cigars to the wife!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
His non-infused lines are great. Liga Privada, Chateau Real, La Vieja Habana. The Naturals line is not infused either, though some have sweetened tips (you can always just smoke it backwards, or wipe off the tip).

The only 2 infused cigars I do smoke are also by Drew Estates--the Java and the CI Legends Copper.

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I tried a lot of his line and they are just not my cup of tea. But i am very interested in trying the Liga Privada 9 if my cigar lounge ever brings it in.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The La Vieja Habana Brazilian Maduro used to be my go-to smoke. The Naturals are okay, too.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
There are some original naturals at the B&M maybe I'll have to grab one to give an aged Natural a try. Hmmmmm I remember seven years ago the White Rabbit Naturals weren't bad.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
^I like the Root, and Pimp Sticks are okay. The Jucy Lucy is a nice quick "desert" cigar. I have others but have not tried them yet. Jonathan said his favorite Natural was the Dark Angel--haven't tried that one myself.

BTW, there is a new blend of the Liga Privada coming out soon (not sure if it will be the #9 in a new wrapper or a whole new # or what).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great story he actually started blending with Mushashi, & Lars. Then branched out on his own. Like or dislike he has introduced an entire subculture to cigar appreciation. Rock on Jonathan!

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
A few years back I got my hands on some La Vieja Habanas Brazil maduros and them held them for a year or so, they smoked pretty good. The Liga Privada are also nice smokes, but a lil pricey. His Java and Tabac lines r OK!!! I have bout 1/2 box of the Tabac negros in isolation... Acids...not for me!