What's new

Drink of choice?

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I was just wondering what is your beverage of choice when smoking a cigar. I enjoy an ice cold beer, something dark with a lot of flavor. How about you guys?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like younger red wines, lots of tannins and alcohol. Petite Syrah is good.

Once in a while I will drink some blended Scotch, Famous Grouse. I think it's easier to drink than alot of the Highland Single Malts.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
It depends.

For mild cigars or when I'm trying something new and I want to discover the flavors, I usually drink water or iced tea.

For medium bodied smokes ... coffee, tea, soft drinks or some lighter beer (ale, wheat).

For heavier / stronger cigars, I might select a nice dark beer (lager, stout) or some liquor like rum, bourbon, scotch.

I don't pair wine up with cigars much - although I do occasionally like a nice port.
Mood and location also enter into the picture.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hehe, been a while since we've had this discussion, eh? :wink:

My go to, everytime I smoke drink is Diet Coke. If nothing else, unless I've run out, it's Diet Coke.

Beyond that, Bourbon or Scotch tend to tag along quite often.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
For me it is all about my mood and how I feel. But what I do drink would be (in no particular order):

coffee, water, Dr. Pepper, Irish wiskey, Single Malt Scotch, other liquors, red wine, and beer

No matter what I am drinking though i will always have a water with me and I will drink that too. Lately though I have been sticking with the D.P.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
My alcoholic beverage of choice varies between a nice dark beer and scotch, but my nonalcoholic choice has to be Dr. Pepper! Cheers!
-Luke

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always drink water. In addition, during the day, I drink diet iced green tea (I figure that maybe the antioxidants will help cancel out the increased risk of cancer --- who kows?), or dark roast coffee (hot or iced).

After cocktail hour starts, I'll have martinis or Irish, scotch or amber rum, mixed with cold water.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Water is my go-to beverage for most occasions, including cigar smoking. Occasionally I'll have a beer or some other alcohol with my cigars, but usually it's water.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I'm smoking early in the day it's pretty much always coffee. I'll try to match a stronger coffee with a stronger stick though.

If it's later in the day I like beers with medium sticks, and 18 year Canadian Rye Whiskey, Scotch or Bourbon depending on the mood. If any of you can get 18 year Gibson's Finest Canadian Rye I recommend you try it. Excellent stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Usually soda of some type (not real picky about it). If I'm smoking at a party, usually beer. I have to drink something when I smoke but I usually drink what I would be drinking otherwise, I don't have something special because I'm smoking.