What's new

Drinking while smoking

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Hops bitterness can work in a beer with cigars but it has to be balanced by sweetness. When IBUs are declared and advertised it doesn't advertise the residual sweetness of the beer in relation the the IBUs. With that aside stouts of all walks go great with cigars. Aged barleywines also go very well. I have some 2 year old Troegs Flying Mouflan that's a nice malty beer now. It used to be very hoppy but not any longer. Dopplebock, most bocks for that matter, strong scotch ales and cask ales often go well. I think a combination of hop bitterness and high carbonation make for a bad beer cigar experience. Some beers can be of average bitterness but highly carbonated which has an effect I don't like when smoking.

Smoked beers are good companions to cigars too!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is only one drink that EVER goes well with cigars...Stout. That is all I ever drink with a cigar. I never ever drink anything else...Never drink anything but a nice stout. Unless you have a excellent 15+ year old single malt scotch...but never drink anything but a stout or a single malt. Well maybe a nice Cuban rum. A good stout, scotch or rum but nothing else. Unless some one offers you a fine Conaic or maybe a good Cabernet. But nothing else...did I mention Tequila? Some Don Julio 1942 Anejo Tequila is nice. But nothing else. Never drink anything but Stout, Scotch, Rum, Coniac and/or Tequila.

Then there is a 12 your old Port?...Oh hell, drink what ever you like. :)
LMAO!!

That's why my basement looks the way it does! Tons of wine, beer, whiskeys, scotch, dessert wine, port... my drink changes for what I'm smoking just as often as my smoke changes for what I'm drinking.

PSI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When having a cigar I usually also have some of one of these.

Or this

Or some of this

Or a little smackrel of this

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do drink and smoke I usually drink a bourbon. However when I am craving a beer, I usually marry a malty low hop beer. Stouts, English porters, Scottish 90 Shilling, brown ales, bocks, dopplebochs etc. Most hopped beers, especially the "American" version of beers (APA etc) are usually way over hopped to the point where there is no balance of malty sweetness, and do not mix well with cigars, at least the cigars I've smoked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite beer with a cigar is Dos Equis..typically the Amber...I don't like the Lager one as much while smoking...there is also a good Italian beer, Peroni, that I like with cigars as well...:bottle:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Hate to say it, but I've really been enjoying this water/cigar combo lately... nothing gets in the way of the cigar. I also do black coffee, scotch, tequila, or a gin martini. Usually I light the cigar first, and then decide what to drink after I get the initial flavor of the cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its funny. When I smoked a Romeo y Julieta the other day the mix of the cigar with the Yuengling made for a horrible taste.

However with the Punch and the one I smoked tonight (who's name escapes me) the mixture was actually very pleasant.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Other than water, usually a proper cafe au lait, or straight esspresso are a good compliment. Every now and then I like to pair up with a 15yr Tomatin single malt, or Guinness.