What's new

Dropbox

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Since we are talking about browsers and stuff in another thread that reminded me about Dropbox that I recently started using.

I can have files stored there and it automatically posts the updates to the server, and then downloads the new ones at the other location.

This way I can have access to stuff like work files on my laptop and not worry if I have the latest version of a document. Or I can toss a file on and grab it when I get home. :peace:

Some software has support for it build in to. Like right now I have 1Password on my mac which stores your logins and passes in an encrypted file on dropbox. Then you can access that same database from another machine using 1Password and always have your latest logins (It uses a master password so not just anyone can have access).

They only give you 2GB of storage for free though. If anyone wants to sign up with my referral we both get 250MB extra: http://db.tt/G2Gmczi

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I use it all the time. Perfect to keep our price sheets for the region up to date for 5 people. Works like a charm!