What's new

Dry boxing new shipments

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering if anybody else does this. When I get new boxes in I toss em in my closet for 7 to 10 days maybe longer before they go in coolerdor (63rh). Seems my cc and nc all come a little humid and this helps alot especially if I want to smoke one in the first month. If they go straight to humi they may take 2 or 3 months to stabilize. May be over thinking but hate wet cigars.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I don't now but think it's a great idea and will probably start doing it!

I've been struggling to get the humidity down to the level I want in a couple of my coolers and am thinking it is because of the purchases I have added over the past few months.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I've been struggling to get the humidity down to the level I want in a couple of my coolers and am thinking it is because of the purchases I have added over the past few months.

this..........(y)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I sometimes let new shipments sit out for a few days, but that’s just because I don’t always have time to play Tetris in my cooler. If an overly humidified box goes in, I’ve never found it to negatively impact the other sticks - I assume that’s because the Bovedas are sucking up excess humidity faster than the other sticks in the cooler and if anything, I’m just prolonging the life of my Bovedas by adding moisture to the environment

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I couldn't agree more. Throwing new boxes in all the time causes big swings. And I think it doesn't hurt to drop 5-10% rh on a box over the course of a week or 2 before it goes in the cooler. And like I said makes it smokable much sooner imo.