What's new

Duck Hunting

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I could've sworn there was a thread on here about this but I can't seem to find one in the past few years by searching other than the recent Hunt N Herf thread. Seems like there are a few of us on here. Haven't had near as good a season this year as normal but figured we could use a place to share pics.

Went to Bayou Meto this morning outside Stuttgart, AR. Lots of ducks but not much working. No one we talked did much of anything but waste shells. We ended up leaving with two mallards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Stuttgart, AR. Big time duck hunting location...
Yea, we don't get down there too often. I'm just across the Mississippi River from Memphis so it's about a 2 hour trip which means leaving at 1:30 am to get there and get the boat in the water at 4. We hunt locally, within an hour, more often hunting rice fields, small water blinds, sloughs. Doing that in the morning and then prolly go back to Stuttgart next Saturday again to finish out the season. Even when the day doesn't end with a limit I love duck hunting, well waterfowl hunting in general. After the season we'll get started on slaughtering some snow geese. We try to do our part in conservation and their numbers are more and more out of control each year. We saw around 100k of them on the way home today and there are at least that many around our part of the state and a ton more to the west of us as well.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Well with duck season over, and it not a very good one at that, we move on into conservation season in our area. I don't know the numbers in the other flyways but here in the Mississippi flyway light geese are way over populated, especially around this time in Missouri and Arkansas. We try to get it and do our part in getting the numbers down. For those that don't know snow geese are so abundant they destroy crops and are even destroying the breeding grounds for themselves and other geese and ducks in Canada. Doing what we can to cut down on their numbers is helpful to every other species that follow a path like theirs. We had a decent first weekend. Only got out for a few hours Saturday morning and we got 98 but given more time we could've done more.

And the damage

Plus got one with some jewelry

I took home 30 of them and cleaned em. So much meat...

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
@jolietilfire I've made fajitas with them before and they turned out good. Soak in milk, and then marinate in Italian dressing before cooking. I'm thinking about grounding half of this and using some more to try to make some jerky and see how it turns out.

Last edited: