What's new

Dumb question re: Dirty Rats

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Bob.

In regard to my dad and his Dirty Rat habit, i appreciate your offer. I was just playin around. He has a few and was just gifted two bundles of Bait Fish, a box of FFP with broken heads, and his everyday Undercrown Corona Doubles - so he's alright. As a matter of fact, he just received a box of the Fuente Hemingways that he smokes after breakfast.

He's also got at least a month supply of Padron that he snags from Cesar and Co., so don't worry about Big Gary. The more I think about it, he was gifted some Room 101 OSOK and some Ashton within the last few weeks as well. Maybe I should start selling off his collection the more I think about it. hahahahaha

Best,
JD87

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Bob.

In regard to my dad and his Dirty Rat habit, i appreciate your offer. I was just playin around. He has a few and was just gifted two bundles of Bait Fish, a box of FFP with broken heads, and his everyday Undercrown Corona Doubles - so he's alright. As a matter of fact, he just received a box of the Fuente Hemingways that he smokes after breakfast.

He's also got at least a month supply of Padron that he snags from Cesar and Co., so don't worry about Big Gary. The more I think about it, he was gifted some Room 101 OSOK and some Ashton within the last few weeks as well. Maybe I should start selling off his collection the more I think about it. hahahahaha

Best,
JD87
Very Funny JD!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Are these better fresh vs. w/ age? The handful i've had never did anything for me.
I love the No. 9's, and the FFP's, but these don't cut the mustard for me.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Bob.

Best,
JD87
Let's us know when the "collection" goes on sale? LMAO.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Are these better fresh vs. w/ age? The handful i've had never did anything for me.
I love the No. 9's, and the FFP's, but these don't cut the mustard for me.
I've had some that were both new and with a few months to a year in the humi, all were pretty damn good IMO.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I smoked one recently with over a year on it and it didn't have that blast of spice and pepper that I associate with the stick. It was still a very good cigar mind you, but I prefer it fresh with more punch.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wayyy too many good cigars out there that are readily available to waste time chasing smoke and mirrors.
These aren't that hard to find IMO if you're patient. I've found some both locally and online having been on a waiting list. I wouldn't exactly call these 'smoke and mirrors'. They may not be to your liking, but that's a little harsh.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just had one that had a good 2 years of age on it and though it didn't have the immediate punch of the fresh ones, it was a great smoke. It had aged nicely and had a very nice complexity. Really fine smoke.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
These aren't that hard to find IMO if you're patient. I've found some both locally and online having been on a waiting list. I wouldn't exactly call these 'smoke and mirrors'. They may not be to your liking, but that's a little harsh.
I've been able to pick some up in the past, box and singles. I agree. You need to be patient which is case for a lot of things that I enjoy in life.

"Smoke and Mirrors" typically means "deception and confusion." I don't think there's anything deceptive or confusing about this stick. They are good and somewhat harder to find. But what I think JimmyC means to say is why chase a cigar when there something else good out there that is readily available. In my opinion, a Liga Privada is a fairly unique and enjoyable cigar experience. If you're looking for that type of experience, there are no readily available replacements.... just my interpretation and opinion on the subject.

I think JD should bring some Dirty Rats to the BOTL Herf next month... just saying.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Everybody has their own particular tastes, but smoke and mirrors? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Maybe "Smoke and Mirror's " is the wrong term. I cant justify spending extra time and effort chasing after smokes that are so htf. Its tough enough finding time to kick back and enjoy a good cigar. The thril of the chase is lost on me.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
and i agree that the "thrill of the chase" is for the birds. you have to look no farther than what goes on around halloween to see that.
i think you probably did use the wrong term, because the difference here is that we have an established cigar that a lot of people really like, but has been limited in production, so those that want it sometimes have to seek it out. that's totally different than something that is being hyped and yet to be released. if the rat is not something you really like, then of course you won't care take extra time and effort to search it out. for those of us that do like it, we wish it were more readily available so we don't have to search for it.
i do get your point. it just came across as a little disparaging to the cigar.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Bob takes his Liga seriously, it's like you kicked his dog! I had my first DR a couple months ago and it was a great cigar. Sad part is we sold them at the shop and I never even had a chance to get one when they were in because they sold so quick. I have another one left over from my trip to DE and looking forward to trying it. I remember there was a guy that bought up a bunch of these boxes, so they are out there.... what ever happened to that guy??