What's new

Dunhill 1907

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So, this is my first cigar review in a very long time as I normally don't do reviews but since it's a new smoke and I was able to sit down and enjoy it without any distractions, I thought I'd post my findings.

Appearance: This cigar has a very beautiful chocolate brown wrapper that is smooth and silky in texture. There are some small veins but nothing to get in a twist over. No soft or firm spots that I could see.

Initial Scent and Flavors: Smelling this made me think of walking into an old time country store. Nice cedar notes along with some spice and a little leather. Flavor-wise, it starts out with pepper, pepper and oh yeah...pepper! It does mellow out eventually but I'll get into that next.

Flavor Profile: As mentioned above, it is very peppery on the initial light but that disappears after the first inch or so. Cedar and leather flavors are pronounced as well as something I couldn't quite figure out but since I'm not normally don't smoke to rate anymore, I'm giving myself a pass on it. Maybe coffee? The cigar does mellow out at times but sometimes a little too much. It did go flat a couple of times but only for a short while. The end of the smoke got a bit stronger but overall I would put this in a medium-bodied smoke.

Smoke, Burn and Ash: The ash was a nice, bright white and medium-to-firm in texture and I was able to get a good inch and half build up before I knocked it off. Smoke was thick to start out with but thinned out a bit. The burn was uneven most of the way through. It did fix itself a couple of times but at one point did need a touch up from the lighter to fix it. Again, nothing to get in a twist but could be improved.

Overall: I did enjoy the smoke and the flavors disappearing and reappearing does keep you on your toes and prevents you from getting too used to it. The Appearance was nice and is definitely something that gets the taste buds salivating when you see it. It would definitely pair well with a nice coffee, full bodied red wine (Cab Sauv, Merlot, etc.) or a hoppy beer. As far as scotch, probably a good highland or a mild islay....nothing too peaty though. If I had to give it a rating, you'ld be looking at about an 87. I'd put it in the $7-9 price range.

Last edited: