What's new

Dunhill - De Luxe Navy Rolls - PToM Oct 2014 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

DE LUXE NAVY ROLLS
Brand: Dunhill
Blend Type: Virginia/Perique
Contents: Perique, Virginia
Flavoring: None
Cut: Curly Cut
Packaging: 50g Tin

"De Luxe Navy Roll is made in Denmark using hand-stripped Virginia tobaccos from Brazil and Africa, married with Perique from Lousiana. This recipe produces an aromatic smoke with natural tobacco flavors and lovely sweet notes."

Rating - 100%
86   0   0

So I got drop shipped via dismaltrade fr mentioning I hadn't had this baccy yet, though I promised my self no more open tins til I whittle away at my current sample stash

I couldn't help myself, smelled mildly sweet of prunes or plums right out of the tin, rubbed one coin out and packed up a va cob (no drying time)

This lights flawlessly, 2 matches for the entire bowl, starts with the sweetness of the vas and interplays with the tangy spiciness of perique which intensifies as the bowl progresses, stays lit pretty effortlessly

I think it has a descent dose of vitamin n, highly reccomend with great thanks to the dismaltrade I see more tins aging in my future

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Seen your Post, and Thought why not, I got the Tin, Pulled out 3 coins/rolls waded them up and stuffed them in my Savinelli 622KS lit it up and bam, Nice tobacco of the month i am just glad I had already pulled the trigger on buying some 1 1/2 year aged tins of tobacco.....It is very nice all the way around. Very mild smoking tobaccos with nice rich flavors and some Pepper on the retro. The first time I smoked this I was little disappointed. However smoking it in the Right PIPE matters. I haven't tried to rub it out yet. I will on the NEXT bowl I smoke of it. Crazy thing is it looks like it went up in price since last week. Guess they were expecting the extra flow of buyers. Bought mine from a PVT party. Glad to have been able to give it a try.

James

Rating - 100%
84   0   0

So I got drop shipped via dismaltrade fr mentioning I hadn't had this baccy yet, though I promised my self no more open tins til I whittle away at my current sample stash

I couldn't help myself, smelled mildly sweet of prunes or plums right out of the tin, rubbed one coin out and packed up a va cob (no drying time)

This lights flawlessly, 2 matches for the entire bowl, starts with the sweetness of the vas and interplays with the tangy spiciness of perique which intensifies as the bowl progresses, stays lit pretty effortlessly

I think it has a descent dose of vitamin n, highly reccomend with great thanks to the dismaltrade I see more tins aging in my future
Spot on review and yes, with age it is even better. If I could had only one smoke this might very well be it. Morning, midday or night it's enjoyable. Better than escudo even.... I have better than 20 tins and you didn't see me sending any of them to you. That should tell you something!
And you're welcome glad you enjoy it;)