What's new

Dunhill

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
dont know much about Dunhills. i see an ad or 2 every once in a while in CA but ive never smoked one. from what i hear they are a decent smoke.

(but i also hear that some people smoke Acid's from time to time.......)

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Uh....Dunhill was a Cuban brand for 7 years during the 1980s, and it's conceivable that it could be considered "classic", but that brand died in 1991.

What is on the market nowadays is just a NAME and LOGO licensed by British American Tobacco (BAT) slapped on a generic Torano-manufactured cigar with no direct affiliation to the old Cubatobacco brand nor the Alfred Dunhill company whatsoever. Shoot, these things only hit the market in, what, 1998? Not what I'd consider "classic"...not by any stretch of the imagination.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
They seem to be getting away from the tobacco business bit by bit. They were a big player in pipes and pipe tobacco for over 100 years ... but they sold off their pipe tobacco business in 2005 and most of their shops have removed all tobacco and pipes and replaced them with clothes, perfume, etc.

I'm guessing the Dunhill executives saw all the big $$$ tobacco lawsuits / settlements over the past 10+ years and decided that it was best to just get out of the business.