What's new

DVR Full

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife just called and said the cable Digital Video Recorder was at 95% capacity and was in danger of not recording new things. After I unpuckered, we deleted some stuff. Am I the only who is in a constant battle with the DVR memory? I record a lot of stuff that I don't watch (but who knows what I will be in the mood for) and I also record things on both the upstairs and downstairs DVR.

I can admit it . . . I have a problem. Anybody else want to admit it?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've run into this issue before .... but it usually due to my wife recording tons of stuff ( Oprah, HGTV programs, Amazing Race, etc). Since I got the HD set - she has the standard one for her stuff and I use the HD DVD for mine.

Still - it would be nice to be able to connect a PC with a DVD burner to the DVR unit and burn those shows I'd like to keep ( like the Planet Earth series! ). I'm sure there is a method for this - but I haven't done the research.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I used to have this problem, till I cracked* open the TiVo and slapped* in some extra storage.

* Technical terms
I figured that was possible with the seagate drive staring me in the face through the slots

Cigar_Ben

NiceTightAsh.com
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I only have 80 hours. With all the History Channel and History International shows like Digging for the Truth, with Good Eats, Guns and Ammo TV, American Rifleman and my wife's shows, House and Grey's Anatomy, I run out QUICK!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Home theater PC. A terrabyte of storage. Muhahahah.

I bet you can hack your DVR and add some storage - you're a smart one. If you have a USB or firewire connection there may be hope without voiding the warranty.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I have only 80hrs as well. With the wifes endless CSI and Intervention and the like, my Discovery, comedy etc gets bumped out. I want to get a HDTV and one of the new recievers that has 250hr standard or 180hrs HiDef, but with no smoking in the house I'd rather put that $3k towards sticks!:yes:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the DVR through Cox cable and I only get 50 hours (and if you record in HD it takes up twice the space so I only get 25 hours of HD). However, I can't blame the wife, I am the DVR hog in our house.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Motorola DVR: Dual-Tuner DCT6412

Get the most from your digital cable with the advanced dual-tuner digital video recorder (DVR) and high definition (HD) television set-top that decodes, records and plays in HD format.

The DCT6412 combines the extraordinary features of digital cable — great programming options, interactive program guides, Video on Demand, and commercial-free, CD quality music — with dual tuner digital video recording and the incredible picture quality and sound of high-definition television (HDTV).

The DVR features of the DCT6412 enable you to capture HDTV signals in a digital format. If the phone rings or you need to leave the room, you can simply pause the broadcast, and resume watching when it's more convenient. An instant replay feature lets you quickly review what you just saw.

The dual tuner lets you do two things at once: watch a live program while recording another, record two programs that are on at the same time — or even watch a previously recorded program while recording another!

An integrated 120 GB hard drive lets you record up to an estimated 90 hours of standard digital TV or 12–20 hours of HDTV. You can maintain a personal library of your favorite programs to watch whenever it's convenient.

Take home entertainment to a whole new level with the Motorola DCT6412! Decode HDTV signals, record digital and HD programming, and watch them on your schedule...all with one versatile set-top.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It's worth the 10 bucks a month Richard. You are no longer forced to watch TV on their time. You watch when you want to/can. In addition, half hour shows take about 22 minutes and hour shows take about 40. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i can't live without dvr. i don't even know what time anything is on anymore. my brother and i fight all the time about the space and we have both dvr and tivo. it's really sad. it's kind of like cigars...there's never enough space cause when you get more, you just find more stuff to fill it with.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have up to 200 hours of SD or 50 hours of HD record time. I can add hard drives via USB port too. I really like my DTV, it's much better than the Comcrap dual tuner DVR I had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 100 hours of storage on a Dishnetwork dvr, but if the amount left on the drive gets below 25 hours, the damn thing screws up all the time. It will often reboot and forget it was recording something.

I have the last two seasons of Battlestar and last season of Dr. Who, and I am having to go through and winnow out some of the episodes just so I have enough room to record Southpark and Scrubs.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I forgot to mention, I have every episode of "Yes, Dear" recorded on mine. That show is funny as hell.