What's new

Dwindling Stash - Anything good here?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I stated in my intro, when I got into cigars I did a lot of box passes, samplers, and newbie trades to build up a good variety.

I've managed to accumulate a lot of cigars that I don't know much about and wondered if some of the brothers here could just give me a quick summary of what I'm working with. I only have 1 of each of these, and have no idea what to expect from them.

I suspect they're mostly mediocre.

What I can gather from just labels:

Royal Jamaica "Oro Rojo"
Royal Barbados
La Vieja "Habana"
Quintero
MiCubano
Aristoff
Puros Indios
Montecruz "La Romana"
Santa Clara "1830" - San Andres, Mex.
Cuban Bullet (oi)
Sancho Panza
Primo del Rey
Don Diego

Also, a RyJ CC #2 in an aluminum tube that I managed to snag in a box pass.

So, anything here that's not a dog turd?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also have two bundles of Consuegras from JR. A natural corona and a maduro robusto that's looking looking pretty damn sparkly. The corona was meh, but the robusto was tasty if I remember correctly.

Going to have to try one of those out tomorrow to jog the memory. :scratchhe

Any help is appreciated on the others, grandmastahs. Obviously need to put some cash into the stash, but I need to make some money first.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
What I can gather from just labels:

Royal Jamaica "Oro Rojo"
Royal Barbados
La Vieja "Habana"
Quintero
MiCubano
Aristoff
Puros Indios
Montecruz "La Romana"
Santa Clara "1830" - San Andres, Mex.
Cuban Bullet (oi)
Sancho Panza
Primo del Rey
Don Diego

Also, a RyJ CC #2 in an aluminum tube that I managed to snag in a box pass.

I haven't had one in a while, but I remember liking the Sancho Panza Double Maduro and the Extra Fuerte.

The RyJ No. 2 is a great little cigar.

I've tried the La Vieja Habana. It's a mixed filler cigar from Drew Estates. The one I had wasn't anything special, but it doesn't stand out as a particularly bad cigar either.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I used to smoke Royal Jamaica a long time ago. They were not great back than. Puros Indios used to be one of my favs. They have some great giant torpedos! Really nice and inexpensive. They actually used to get great rankings in CA back in the day.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Quintero Robo was just featured as the weekly cigar on CAs site and received a 92 rating. I used to smoke them from time to time a couple years ago, but I haven't seen one in 12+ months.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
None of those are consider premium, but some are decent

La Vieja Havana---I like em, and can be had for cheap
Don Diego--some better than others
I've had some NC sancho Panza that were good, not as good as the CC counterpart, but good.

Best idea I have is to smoke one a day for the next 2 weeks. If you don't like it, toss it and smoke another.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
LOL, try them out and see for yourself. There are only a couple I see on there that I would consider turds, but to each their own. Most of those are mediocre smokes, IMHO.

The Royal Barbados are made on the island, and supposedly made from cuban tobacco(I dont know if that is true, probably just a tourist stunt), but I have had a couple that are OK.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys. I'll definitely be smoking (and discarding) some of them soon. Just wanted to see if there were any that might be a step above casual golf smokes.