What's new

E P Carillo Short Run...Just out......

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
AJ, everyone that I know that has tried the "Short Run" have said it is a far superior cigar compared to the inaugural release....who knows! :dunno:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had my first over the weekend and loved it. I still thought it was very mild but the flavors were great and the aroma of the smoke was incredible - I'll be buying more.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
AJ, everyone that I know that has tried the "Short Run" have said it is a far superior cigar compared to the inaugural release....who knows! :dunno:
I gotta dissagree with that - I thought the Short Run is good (little more strength and spice, but lacking something), but the Inaugural is Great (smoother & more refined & more complex). To each there own...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Haven't had Inaugural, so, may be apples and oranges as far as previous posts in this thread.....but

Had one each of Short Run and Core this past week. Found the SR to be incredibly lacking in flavor and complexity. Very boring and couldn't wait for it to end. Superb burn is about the only positive thing I can say about it.
On the other hand, I found the Core (Regalia?, I think) rich, evolving, satisfying and perfectly constructed.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Haven't had Inaugural, so, may be apples and oranges as far as previous posts in this thread.....but

Had one each of Short Run and Core this past week. Found the SR to be incredibly lacking in flavor and complexity. Very boring and couldn't wait for it to end. Superb burn is about the only positive thing I can say about it.
On the other hand, I found the Core (Regalia?, I think) rich, evolving, satisfying and perfectly constructed.
Wow, totally opposite of my experience with the Short Run. I'll have to try the core line soon.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Interesting, I actually found them to be the other way around. I much prefer the short run to the core line. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Core line is a beast. Better than either of the previous releases IMHO
That won't make it better in my book. I really like the subtle complexity in the IE and Short Run. Plenty of beasts out there to smoke already, but I still need to try the core line soon.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I gotta dissagree with that - I thought the Short Run is good (little more strength and spice, but lacking something), but the Inaugural is Great (smoother & more refined & more complex). To each there own...
+1 The Inaugural is a "medium" cigar and the flavors are excellent and complex. I thought this was a great stick and just did a box-split when I saw them on sale for nearly 50% off! WTF? Dorks! :cbig::cbig:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I didn't have the opportunity to try the Inaugural 2009 but have tried the new Core Line, it is definately a good cigar but I still prefer the Short Run and I'm glad I did get a box of them! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for elaborating. Have I mentioned that I really want to try one now? Looks like Monday night at Maxamar for me.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, found and smoke the Inaugural. Not happy with it. For the price, it was a mild cigar with so-so flavors. I did not buy into the hype.

The short one I bought was better, but still not like the hype. Oliva V and Cain F were better IMHO.:cbig:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I just ordered a 5-pack of the Short Runs. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival as I've yet to smoke one.