What's new

Early Christmas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cutting, rolling board/ block . Bobalu's in Texas had one in stock and I've been very good this year since my coal bin is full.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! .. you have been good. I think typically most tuck cutters mounted/placed on the back of the board. It makes for a convenient move to make the cut. Level to the board surface. Witch happens to be close to the height of a 2by4. I have mine mounted to a 2by4 for stability. I press my palm to it when cutting. You might could see that I have two holes enabling the screws to do so. You seeming will have to drill. I suspect you have two holes on the back feet to accommodate mounting.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct Marc. 2 holes on the back. The rolling I have done has been on a granite island in the kitchen so work space has not been an issue. I was thinking 24 x 18 inches and go 2 inches thick per Frost suggestion.
Oh, amazing cigars Marc! All time favorite shape visually.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds good. traditional boards are 13 1/4" x 9 1/2" x 2" or so. On top is end grain, blocked and bolted together like these.

https://i.imgur.com/QXZDN9W.png

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I would've thought end grain but that is a lot simpler. Smaller than I thought also. Thanks for the help .

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes, end grain.

I happen to have a spare block which I will swap you for a Merry Christmas.

That's right, post "Merry Christmas", shoot me your addy, and I'll pack it up.

Here's a coupla pics:

It's got a water stain or two, cause it's been sitting in the garage for years & years. In fact, I know just what hootch glass left that square stain on it. Came with a nice anejo in a gift box. A little Murphy's oil soap, and yer good to go. If you don't have some Murphy's round the house, let me know and I'll clean it up for you. Shouldn't take but five minutes.

Says "The Miller DuBrul" or some such on the side.
Heavy solid sumbidge.

Once you start using one of these little blocks, you realize that the old timers hit on just the right size and heft, and you get hooked on it. Ask anyone who has one.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gimme a day or two. I've got loads of excuses pressing in on me right now, between one business closing, another starting up... not to speak of the medical experiments. Got to find proper dunnage to keep this heavy block from sliding round and busting out its flat rate Priority box. Plus, still gotta ship out some ligeros.

Bliss, did I send you a block once, is what you're implying? I remember I scored a number of them years ago. No recollection.
More Christmas on the way if I can find time to take inventory.
Busier than a pair of jumper cables at a West Virginia wedding.

Gotta go now to yo-ho-ho-ga. Then medical experiments. Won't be back until late afternoon.

Life is a treat.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gimme a day or two. I've got loads of excuses pressing in on me right now, between one business closing, another starting up... not to speak of the medical experiments. Got to find proper dunnage to keep this heavy block from sliding round and busting out its flat rate Priority box. Plus, still gotta ship out some ligeros.

Bliss, did I send you a block once, is what you're implying? I remember I scored a number of them years ago. No recollection.
More Christmas on the way if I can find time to take inventory.
Busier than a pair of jumper cables at a West Virginia wedding.

Gotta go now to yo-ho-ho-ga. Then medical experiments. Won't be back until late afternoon.

Life is a treat.
Yep. My rolling surface is a webmost Special.