What's new

edgestar's on sale @ compact appliances

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Took advantage of the sale too. Opted for the 21 bottle dual zone vs the 28 bottle for the temperature control so I don't have to fuss with an ETC (hopefully!). Have to go pick it up in Niagara Falls, NY. Will be contacting the highly recommended GolfNut soon for shelves and drawers.

Look forward to seeing pics of your build. Stay safe brother.

Last edited:

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys feel temp (active cooling) is really important? I have a fridgador, I bought it on CL - but broken (no cooling)

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Took advantage of the sale too. Opted for the 21 bottle dual zone vs the 28 bottle for the temperature control so I don't have to fuss with an ETC (hopefully!). Have to go pick it up in Niagara Falls, NY. Will be contacting the highly recommended GolfNut soon for shelves and drawers.

Look forward to seeing pics of your build. Stay safe brother.
Did you check to see what the max temp is of the dual zone? When I last looked, they weren't as adjustable as the 28's seemed to be.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Did you check to see what the max temp is of the dual zone? When I last looked, they weren't as adjustable as the 28's seemed to be.
The specifications online stated mid 50*s to mid 60*s but no, I didn't research deeper into it. The 28 bottle has low/med/high style gauge that I read in its specifications whereas the 21 bottle has the digital gauge that can be set.

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole reason I ask about temp is, glass door wine fridge, and dorm fridge's that do not cool are always easy to find on your local craigslist... that's where I got mine, that doesn't cool. Just sayin'

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Do you guys feel temp (active cooling) is really important? I have a fridgador, I bought it on CL - but broken (no cooling)
Depends on where you live...I'm in AZ and in the summer my house is 75-78 degrees, so yes, cooling is important for me.

If you live in a more moderate climate, then cooling wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Texas, and its 103+ right now........... so yeah, 78 in the house (or even higher) is not uncommon.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Here's the scratch and dent model, sweet deal. I'm pretty pissed
My "open box" was the same way. I used some plastic adhesive and glued the panels back together onto the white corner pieces. They had quite a bit of overspray onto the glass as well which I cleaned up using a blade. You might be able to fix yours up as well.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Golfnut or Waxing Moon would probably make a custom door for ya. It would raise the amount you paid for it but it would look sweet when finished.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the Avanti 28 bottle units. Bought it from PCRichards, They are not dented or open-box units. And they have digital temp settings that while not accurate, will hold steady and can be set with the assistance of an internal temp gauge. Nice looking unit with the mirrored glass door.

Mine holds perfectly at 65 degrees with 65% humidity. $200 - free shipping.