What's new

EL Mejor Espresso

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well it has been a while since I did a review on a cigar so here I go:

I was gifted one of these and I have actually been interested in trying them out.

Apperance: Nicley constructed, even smooth dark wrapper.

I used my Xikar cutters so I got a good smooth cut. It had a nice smooth prelight draw.

I can't use the flavor talk at ya' all so I'll simply tell you that it was a slight disapointment. I thought there would be a richer, more robust taste. It didn't have a lot of flavor, I enjoyed the cigar quite abit, But not a real flavor full smoke. Sorry if it isn't as sofisticated as some, but I can't discern the hints of this or that. I thought overall it was an ok cigar. Not what I expected, but I have another, so in a month or so I will try another one.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I got some "EL Mejor Espresso" brand coffee beans from CI as a freebie on an order once. It was good enough, I guess, but it seemed like they had dipped them in oil or something...

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well it has been a while since I did a review on a cigar so here I go:

I was gifted one of these and I have actually been interested in trying them out.

Apperance: Nicley constructed, even smooth dark wrapper.

I used my Xikar cutters so I got a good smooth cut. It had a nice smooth prelight draw.

I can't use the flavor talk at ya' all so I'll simply tell you that it was a slight disapointment. I thought there would be a richer, more robust taste. It didn't have a lot of flavor, I enjoyed the cigar quite abit, But not a real flavor full smoke. Sorry if it isn't as sofisticated as some, but I can't discern the hints of this or that. I thought overall it was an ok cigar. Not what I expected, but I have another, so in a month or so I will try another one.

I bought some during the Spring last year, I got them off CB very cheap so I took a chance on them. I still have a few left however I do feel the same I thought they would be a little more punch to them than they did. I had a time last year when I was buying cheaper sample packs due to a lack of over all funds.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks for the review. I picked up a 5 pack of these of CBID for about $7. Haven't tried any yet, and my expectations are pretty low for how much I got them for.

matalo

Man, Myth, Legend?
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These are "OK"
A nice morning smoke. Though the draw can be tight. I am going to have one after lunch as a matter of fact. Bought them from the devil for $10, so not too bad.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Bulk made for CI:

Quote "Trust me, my friend.

El Mejor Espresso is a home run of a blend. These coal-black, box-pressed beauties come draped in positively gorgeous Mexican maduro wrappers. Frankly, it looks like a candy bar...just looking at it gets me salivating, glands pumping and all. The Espresso has a rich, creamy taste with noticeable hints of subtle cocoa and coffee-like flavors. It burns slowly and deliberately, leaving a firm, crisp ash and satisfying finish. Outstanding."

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i have some I got from the devil site also, there allright, I like the nestor maduro better for the same price.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..., there allright, I like the nestor maduro better for the same price.
I think that's about right. These are a decent cigar for the money. Draw can be too tight. I put them away for a few months and then smoked a whole bunch of them, one after the other. The more of them I smoked, the more I liked them. :scratchhe They definitely smoke better at lower RH, and I dry boxed them for a couple of days before smoking 'em.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I think that's about right. These are a decent cigar for the money. Draw can be too tight. I put them away for a few months and then smoked a whole bunch of them, one after the other. The more of them I smoked, the more I liked them. :scratchhe They definitely smoke better at lower RH, and I dry boxed them for a couple of days before smoking 'em.
I have a few left thanks for the info.