What's new

Electric Humidor Issues

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Aficionados,

Last week I bought an electric humidor a brand called Bogino 250 cigars (only relatively good priced I could find in my country, and recommended by a few friends)...
I seasoned it using the Wipe Down method for 4 days, getting the RH to a stable 90% and then put two 320g 72% Bovedas in it for 2 more days.
On the day before I was planning on putting my cigars in, the electric current cut and I noticed that the humidor was reading 40F temp!
I researched a bit and found that when current cuts the fridge resets to lowest temp.
Of course this fluctuation in temperature caused the RH to drop to 60%.
I turned it off, bought a UPS and let the temp re-stabilize to the desired 65F (max setting), then turned it back on and let it go for another day to make sure it is stable, which it was.
Yesterday I decide to put my cigars in, by the end of the day the temp was down again to 45F and by this morning down to 38F! And of course humidity down to 58%!
I left the cigars in and turned off the fridge and will check it in a few hours.
I don't know if this is all normal? Is there anything I can do? Is the device faulty?
The supplier is as confused as me, he is not being evasive and trying to be helpful, but I think this type of situation is not something he has faced.
I thought I'd reach out here before giving up completely on the machine..

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you bought new and the unit is advertised as capable of maintaining 65 degrees I would think your supplier owes you either repairs or a replacement. If getting a replacement is not an option consider a temperature controller similar to the InkBird products

20200706_100652.jpg20200706_100643.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I know the unit is a cooling only unit...so not sure if this means that if the room/atmosphere around the unit is too cold then it won't maintain and just keep dropping..these days my house has been colder than usual and I don't have central heating so the room is quite cold.. do you think this can be a cause?
Will the Inkbird be able to plug into a cooling only unit?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes and yes. If your house is in the 40s and you have a cool only unit you have to assume the unit will eventually get down to the 40s. I use the Inkbird to control a standard sized refrigerator so I imagine you shouldn't have a problem with a cooler.

There are two circuits on the Inkbird. One circuit energizes when you need cooling, the other when you need heating. I plug the refrigerator into the cool side. When the internal temperature gets to warm the circuit energizes and the refrigerator is powered. I plug a small heater (placed inside the refrigerator) into the Heating side of the plug. During the winter if internal temperatures get to low the heating circuit activates.

I am very happy with this set up
20200706_100721.jpg