What's new

'Ello, boys; I'm back

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hey gang,
Long time, no see. I'm glad to see this place is still thriving and carrying on the BOTL spirit. I've been recommending so many newbies (Looking at you, @sodakshooter) to this site in recent weeks that I felt compelled to revisit. I probably won't be posting much, as I've been out of the cigar world for a long time now, but I'll be around... reading... watching.

For those who care to know where I've been... short answer: not smoking cigars. I've filled my schedule the last couple of years. Between law school, work, and training for USPSA (pistol sport), my days are packed and sitting down for an hour or 2 to smoke just hasn't been an option. Plus, to be honest, it's just not as much fun being on my own. I miss the camaraderie of meeting up at Tobacco Grove with my Minnesota pals, and relaxing on my porch with a stogie but without company just isn't the same. On the bright side, I've been maintaining my humidors, so everything I own is nicely aged.

It's good to be back and see a lot of familiar names, and a lot of new names too.

- Alex

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I am glad your back Alex. I would enjoy hearing about your shooting comp. Could you start a thread in the Firearms section?
Absolutely. I'll try to put together something that at least resembles a comprehensive overview soon.
Lots of the members will Vherf so maybe that's an opportunity to do a little solo fellowship. Welcome back
That's good to hear. One of the beauties of technology.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Shit. Does that mean I'll have to cut back on reviving dead threads for my amusement? ;)

Vherf can be pretty great.

Good luck with the uspsa, haven't tried anything other than 3 gun yet myself..

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome back, I'm new so I dont know you, but hopefully we can lure you into some pics of your collections (cigars and guns lol)

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Welcome back, old skool!

Good to hear everything's going well, sucks that you had to give up the stogies though, but it'll be worth it once you get a chance to sit down and enjoy one proper!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hello neighbor! Glad to see you back around. I'm completely with you on smoking, as I also rarely get to (choose to?) smoke due to limited down time and no one to smoke with. That said, at least my CCs are aging nicely (albeit unintentionally). We should get together at a shop this winter a couple times! Let's make it happen.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I wish you would stick around so that I'm not the only guy here who knows what a Schoolboy Q is lol. There he go!
It should be part of the Terms & Conditions that members have to know who the Man of the Year is.
Shit. Does that mean I'll have to cut back on reviving dead threads for my amusement? ;)
LMAO.
Good luck with the uspsa, haven't tried anything other than 3 gun yet myself..
Well, nobody is perfect... ;)
Good to "see" you again, Alex. Hope law school is going well.
right on Alex. Life does tend to get in the way. welcome back anyway!
Thanks, guys!
Welcome back, I'm new so I dont know you, but hopefully we can lure you into some pics of your collections (cigars and guns lol)
Unfortunately my "collection" of guns is pretty unimpressive these days. My interests are in ammo, not gear. So I have a pile of CZ Shadows and a mountain of ammo.
Welcome back, old skool!

Good to hear everything's going well, sucks that you had to give up the stogies though, but it'll be worth it once you get a chance to sit down and enjoy one proper!
Thanks, man. I'm certainly looking forward to it, even if it requires freezing my rear off in the winter wind for it.
Hello neighbor! Glad to see you back around. I'm completely with you on smoking, as I also rarely get to (choose to?) smoke due to limited down time and no one to smoke with. That said, at least my CCs are aging nicely (albeit unintentionally). We should get together at a shop this winter a couple times! Let's make it happen.
Absolutely! I actually meant to text you recently and realized I lost your contact info when I got my new phone. Let's meet up soon.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
So who are you again?

JK @mwlabel. I have been keeping up because I’m still stalking you on FB. We seriously need to get together for a smoke. It’s been waaaaaay too long!

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk thingy

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So who are you again?

JK @mwlabel. I have been keeping up because I’m still stalking you on FB. We seriously need to get together for a smoke. It’s been waaaaaay too long!

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk thingy
Way too long, indeed. If you're cruising through Milwaukee any time soon, let me know. I'll do the same if I'm back in the twin cities

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
younger brother from another mother! welcome back! (I've been a bit absent myself lately.. but should be finding a little more time in my schedule soon)..