What's new

Embargo thoughts

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I’m assuming that the US market could be pretty significant for Habanos to. That it could be a large demand for them (at least in the first few years) causing them to raise prices across the board.
Some say that the US is most likely the largest market in the world for Habanos already - unofficially, of course. Whether it’s accurate or not, we may never know. And I’m ok with that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if opening to the US market would move the needle much. If one were to judge by where the US market is currently, predominantly large ring and full body smokes, I'm wondering if that many US customers would purchase regularly that aren't already doing so. I'm sure some would be curious to try and some just might not be hip to the inter web and how it works. So accessible to those folks, but I'm not sure that's a major market by any stretch.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If any ban needs to be lifted, its the federal ban on Marijuana.

#report #report
Here, here!

Sadly, with the private prison lobby lining pockets and funding the reelection campaigns of our overlords, it's not likely to happen soon. They love petty drug offenses, they can stack those bunks deep and increase their stipend from the government. For now it's up to the states.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As a lover of the Cuban leaf, I have always thought that we get the best pricing with the embargo the way it is.

However, as a human, I do think the best thing for the people on that island would be to end it.

So here is the question...
As a cigar smoker, what impact would you foresee on the CC market if the embargo is lifted? what would that look like 10 years later?
I completely agree, the best pricing is when the embargo is in place. The real issue would be if they lifted and tried to keep up with the world wide demand. Quality would take a hit, supply would get destroyed initially, prices likely spike for a bit. I'm good the way it is, I can get anything I want and I don't have to deal with price hikes.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Here, here!

Sadly, with the private prison lobby lining pockets and funding the reelection campaigns of our overlords, it's not likely to happen soon. They love petty drug offenses, they can stack those bunks deep and increase their stipend from the government. For now it's up to the states.
Yeah, I was listening to NPR on possibly removing them. Hope they do. But they probably have deep govt connections.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is there a breathalizer type test for THC intoxication? I don't give a crap what people do at home but I have a real problem with someone burning one while driving or while at work. Same rules as alcohol.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Is there a breathalizer type test for THC intoxication? I don't give a crap what people do at home but I have a real problem with someone burning one while driving or while at work. Same rules as alcohol.
I think there is one. California was working on one. Every time I arrived at the gym in Ocean springs I would smell cannabis left and right from people smoking in the parking lots lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Funny in the old days the last thing I wanted to do after smoking a joint was anything physical. Just real loud Skynard, pork rinds and Jambalaya.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
If the embargo is lifted I'd be more concerned over the QC issues. Personally I wouldn't buy anything for 2 to 3 years and hope that things got back to normal.

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
fakes would be everywhere. :banghead:

hundreds of people rolling up with a trunk full of fakes,and the poor ignorant consumer would have no clue.:blackeye::bucktooth:
keep things like they are......... :cat::chicken:

Steve0

Cigar noob
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a swab based test here they use roadside.