What's new

Enhance your life for the cost of a lemon...

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Team leaf,
Due to working away i've recently established a penchant for audible. Like it or love it, it's the best $8.95 per month ive ever invested. From finances to fucking, it has opened my mind entirely.

One of the books i recently purchased was "own the day, own your life" by Aubrey Marcus. You might know him better as Joe Rogans partner in the business Onnit.com.

Long story short, i've implemented alot of his recommendations into my life and sweet mother of pearl im like a new man. Read or listen to it if you can. But i just want to share the 3 part wake up routine i have adopted that has literally made me feel like an entirely different human being each day.

Step 1: hydrate
I used to roll out of bed straight into the warm shower then reach for coffee... but the truth is if you've slept for 6+ hrs you are dehydrated. Period. The minute i wake up i head for the kitchen, i mix a 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 12oz water and 1/4 lemon juice squuezed. The salt and lemon has a host of minerals in it and helps you retain water for the rest of the day.

Step 2. Light and movement
If im home i head straight outside in my jocks and drink the mineral cocktail in the sunlight. When im working away im up before the sun so i just go straight to movement. You can do whatever feels good but just get moving. I like doing 10-20 of these things where i squat, then walk my hand out and do a push up, then walk myself back to a squat, stand up and repeat. Its important you dont exercise, just get a slight heart rate increase happening. Do whatever but just a quick 1-3mins movement.

Step 3: powa shower
Jump in the shower and make it as cool as is comfortable. Not cold but if you have it hot the change will feel more unbearable. Complete your washing then start breathing heavily for about 30 breaths, deep fast breaths in and out, until you just start to feel a bit lightheaded and a tingling in your fingertips,. This ensures your blood is hyper oxygenated (aka flight mode). Then take a final deep breath in and smash the cold water on full, hot off. It might seem insane, but let me tell you, provided you arent sick, its gonna be the best free thing you've ever done. I wont go into the science here, but i can not believe how fucking ready for the day, without socially accepted chemical dependance (coffee) i am in the mornings. Its fucking amazing and it works.

Just do it. See the difference. Get stronger and more resistant to life. Its proven to reduce stress and you are ready to run through a wall. Daily.

Had to share. But before you dismiss this as a drunken rant... just try it one morning.

Godspeed you lot.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Team leaf,
Due to working away i've recently established a penchant for audible. Like it or love it, it's the best $8.95 per month ive ever invested. From finances to fucking, it has opened my mind entirely.

One of the books i recently purchased was "own the day, own your life" by Aubrey Marcus. You might know him better as Joe Rogans partner in the business Onnit.com.

Long story short, i've implemented alot of his recommendations into my life and sweet mother of pearl im like a new man. Read or listen to it if you can. But i just want to share the 3 part wake up routine i have adopted that has literally made me feel like an entirely different human being each day.

Step 1: hydrate
I used to roll out of bed straight into the warm shower then reach for coffee... but the truth is if you've slept for 6+ hrs you are dehydrated. Period. The minute i wake up i head for the kitchen, i mix a 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 12oz water and 1/4 lemon juice squuezed. The salt and lemon has a host of minerals in it and helps you retain water for the rest of the day.

Step 2. Light and movement
If im home i head straight outside in my jocks and drink the mineral cocktail in the sunlight. When im working away im up before the sun so i just go straight to movement. You can do whatever feels good but just get moving. I like doing 10-20 of these things where i squat, then walk my hand out and do a push up, then walk myself back to a squat, stand up and repeat. Its important you dont exercise, just get a slight heart rate increase happening. Do whatever but just a quick 1-3mins movement.

Step 3: powa shower
Jump in the shower and make it as cool as is comfortable. Not cold but if you have it hot the change will feel more unbearable. Complete your washing then start breathing heavily for about 30 breaths, deep fast breaths in and out, until you just start to feel a bit lightheaded and a tingling in your fingertips,. This ensures your blood is hyper oxygenated (aka flight mode). Then take a final deep breath in and smash the cold water on full, hot off. It might seem insane, but let me tell you, provided you arent sick, its gonna be the best free thing you've ever done. I wont go into the science here, but i can not believe how fucking ready for the day, without socially accepted chemical dependance (coffee) i am in the mornings. Its fucking amazing and it works.

Just do it. See the difference. Get stronger and more resistant to life. Its proven to reduce stress and you are ready to run through a wall. Daily.

Had to share. But before you dismiss this as a drunken rant... just try it one morning.

Godspeed you lot.
Nice. Sounds very similar to what Tim Ferris recommends.

So, have you cut out the coffee?

Also, I'm curious when in the process is best to fit in a full workout routine?

And before or after eating?

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey mate, i still love my coffee and have 1 good cup each day. But i wait til after breakfast where ill make sure i have some good fats. Avocado / eggs etc which helps level out the caffiene hit to a slower, less spike and crash release. This also ensures you are hydrated first if you have been a wake for a couple of hours and had your morning mineral cocktail.

In terms of gym my routines a little odd due to doing 12-14hr days when i work away. But essentially i have a meal around 3.30pm and i'll be in the gym for around 6 or 7pm. Ive started doing fast paced sets of 10 too, practically work everything but only for 40mins a day. Because im not following through with the second or third sets, i dont fatigue and keep it a pure cardio work out that i can do daily.

When i'm home its a totally different routine though. Drinks etc might go to gym once in my week off lol.

After the workout, i'll enjoy a light dinner (only sometimes, dinner finishes at 8pm where i work so sometimes ill skip it if im later or just not hungry after a workout). And after that i'll enjoy a glass of wine and a cigar or vape or whatever. This part really helps me switch off for the day, and much like the morning routine of stepping into the sun helps you wake up. Sitting outside in the dark enjoying a wine and a smoke helps set your circadian rythms to sleep mode too. Im sure the wine and nicotine plays its part also!

Avoiding screens etc. Sleep has been amazing and rejuvinating since i started this. The difference is immeasurable!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I believe in this esp.the hydrating part. Staying hydrated is the smartest thing.....just hadn't heard about the salt and lemon part. I have the carbonating Soda Stream that I'll use to implement this plan.....thx for the post.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I believe in this esp.the hydrating part. Staying hydrated is the smartest thing.....just hadn't heard about the salt and lemon part. I have the carbonating Soda Stream that I'll use to implement this plan.....thx for the post.
Yeah its solid their are like 12 minerals in sea salt, i just use himalayan pink. I'd say if you are a salt fiend leave the salt out. Cos you can definitely overdo salt, but the right amount bound to the right stuff is fantastic. Funnily enough for those who like the morning bowel movement coffee tends to bring on with ease, the mineral cocktail, along with the movement and powa shower seems to bring it on just the same... not sure why but thats just me .

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yep best thing i did jake. Last one was Mythos, really enjoyed Stephen Fry retelling the greek myths and giving the gods teenage comical personalities! Recommend it.
My problem is that I go through books way too fast lol. I buy the extra three credits like every other month

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
OK, now that I'm looking back over this, I can't help but wonder how audible has improved your copulation @The Munt
Bahaha! Nah it was the same book as the lemon, light, movement morning routine. Learnt you can exercise the old Gooch (he had a wierd name for it can't recall... think it started with K.. kyrgos or something, we call it gooch over here) muscle to a point where you can stop yourself finishing. Or if you don't like the gym (the gym being remembering to tense that area) just apply pressure there with 2 fingers.. you learn something new every day hey... not that a married man would ever want to stop themselves finishing but I wish I knew that shit when I was 18... wouldn't have needed to be drinking all the time.. :ROFLMAO:

What

You asked. :yuck:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Bahaha! Nah it was the same book as the lemon, light, movement morning routine. Learnt you can exercise the old Gooch (he had a wierd name for it can't recall... think it started with K.. kyrgos or something, we call it gooch over here) muscle to a point where you can stop yourself finishing. Or if you don't like the gym (the gym being remembering to tense that area) just apply pressure there with 2 fingers.. you learn something new every day hey... not that a married man would ever want to stop themselves finishing but I wish I knew that shit when I was 18... wouldn't have needed to be drinking all the time.. :ROFLMAO:

What

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

What

I was thinking you learned how to talk your wife into some shit..... That would be worthwhile information...