Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Wow, it's just cigars. Relax.
Thank you for your response, I appreciate your opinion, I think that some people treat this place as a home away from home and some friends here are closer than some actual family members. So yes it is just cigars, to you but for others it may be an escape from the "real word" people call life. So think about that next time shit get out of hand in a tat le thread or a similar thread.

Not trying to be all emotional just don't shit on my place of calm because it is just "cigars" to you
Well said D but most of the newer members don't realize how close a lot of people on her are. This site is like no other and sometimes "it just a cigar" doesn't cut it. So many brothers on here know each other personally and sometimes their family's just as well. You will never find that anywhere else. To some this is their family away from home. So when others create a negative atmosphere on here it affects some brothers more than people realize.

Thats my .02. Sorry for the rant.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Agreed, then the mods need to take a more proactive approach in these matters.
no. dude, have to disagree. things work better when issues like this are brought up, hashed out, and laid down, than when our responsibility as participants is shunted onto the mods and admins (who already do enough to give us this place to hang out). i personally would rather be told to man the f#@k up than to be flamed or censured by a mod without realizing i may be in the wrong.

(and, as a caveat, i really have NO clue where this is coming from, obliviousness is nice at times, but i do value all the voices on here that keep me company, and hopefully the faces i will meet with time)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I can't say much because I am known for riding the line. Although I don't post argumentative replies but I have done some weird crap. I would rather the community talk to me when there is a problem. Having it done by a mod is more confrontational and feels more like a spanking. :p I do love everyone on here whether they understand my weird humor or not. Always good times to be had on here...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Agreed, then the mods need to take a more proactive approach in these matters.
Eh, yes and no IMO. Eric and company have enough on their hands. People should take the mature approach and not be flinging poo at one another. However, if it happens... just let it ride out. We're all adults here, we're all human. The mods don't need the extra work of "babysitting", and I don't think most people here would appreciate having their freedom of speech limited. Heated arguments are unfortunate, but they happen. Obviously a code of conduct has to be followed... people can't say ANYTHING they want.

Just my .02

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I can't say much because I am known for riding the line. Although I don't post argumentative replies but I have done Isome weird crap. I would rather the community talk to me when there is a problem. Having it done by a mod is more confrontational and feels more like a spanking. :p I do love everyone on here whether they understand my weird humor or not. Always good times to be had on here...

Nice!! Some people really enjoy that rod of correction:grin:

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I can't say much because I am known for riding the line. Although I don't post argumentative replies but I have done Isome weird crap. I would rather the community talk to me when there is a problem. Having it done by a mod is more confrontational and feels more like a spanking. :p I do love everyone on here whether they understand my weird humor or not. Always good times to be had on here...

And once again a thread goes sideways due to the inability to respect the difference of opinions

I guess I just expected more respect for each other opinions

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
If you find someone being disruptive, disrespectful or any post that is out of line then it's your duty as a community member to report their post so it can be looked at and (if applicable) appropriate action can be taken.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

And once again a thread goes sideways due to the inability to respect the difference of opinions

Agreed, unfortunately there are both FOG's and newbies that seem to be lacking.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If you find someone being disruptive, disrespectful or any post that is out of line then it's your duty as a community member to report their post so it can be looked at and (if applicable) appropriate action can be taken.
Additionally, a relative newbie like me would appreciate if any of you FOGs would pm me if you feel I've crossed the line anywhere.

I don't know specifically what discussions/arguments Derek is referring to, but I know that I personally tend to willingly engage people in discussions about their opinions if they disagree with me. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I genuinely like to engage in conversation with people of different view points. If at any time I cross the line in anyone's opinion, I would sincerely appreciate if a BOTL would PM me and let me know! I certainly want to be respectful of everyone here, and would honestly appreciate the feedback.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Seriously, I would say no offense but you have already taken offense obviously. I would say if my post offends someone then they are just being over sensitive. Sorry, but that is my view point. In no way was my post or the reply to my post harsh.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I then hereby publically apologize to Liga Privada Fanboy
for previously referring to him as an ignorant LP Slut

Hes not ignorant at all :)

Rating - 100%
20   0   0

I'm not real sure how you could've taken this as turning the thread "sideways".

I have seen some bickering around here but it's far better than other boards I'm on. Maybe it's not only people have less respect but also people having sore vaginas and taking things to heart far to easily. Just saying. '

Quite frankly it is just cigars. I can understand people being passionate about there hobbies but if this is a home away from home maybe you need to take a better look at your life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.