What's new

Entubado, accordion, book fold....

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what is your favorite leaf folding method and why? Since I started home rolling, every one seems somehow to use the entubados rolling method. I have personally questioned this method with commercial cigars, found first hand with Cubans and other commercial producers that use Entubados have more often than others have a draw problem.

Have rolled a few today using the book method and they draw very well. I know, use what works for you but curious to see what you guys do and why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just curious as to what is your favorite leaf folding method and why? Since I started home rolling, every one seems somehow to use the entubados rolling method. I have personally questioned this method with commercial cigars, found first hand with Cubans and other commercial producers that use Entubados have more often than others have a draw problem.

Have rolled a few today using the book method and they draw very well. I know, use what works for you but curious to see what you guys do and why.

I use use it because it's easy, fast, flexible, and produces exceptional draw and ash for me with the most ease and success rate. Same reasons you do your thing.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My rolls are...rustic, just so you know. I tend to roll each leaf portion into a tube and put them into the bunch. For instance, I'll rip half a ligero leaf in half, overlay them and form a tube. Then I take part of a viso leaf, make a tube shape and put it on one side of the ligero, roll up another piece of viso to pit on the other side. Then comes the seco, same ordeal. They wind up flattened, not like a bunch of straws, but start off tube like. Put the binder on and voila, looks like a cigar. Sometimes I even put a wrapper leaf on too...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started with entubado and used it for years. Recently started using the accordion method and like the results. May stick with that for a whiel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not as seasoned as you guys but also use the book method , good draw everytime.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I love rolling entubar just for the feel of it, but I seem to have better more consistent results when I book, so that's what I usually roll.... When I actually have the time!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I rolled entubado I made the tubes way too tight and ended up with a cigar that looked like the inside of a steam engine boiler. Book method allows me to "feel" the stack and move pieces around to ensure the head is firm, the barrel is consistent and the mold will be filled correctly, and to the correct length. I've done it long enough that I can place my hand on the book stack and tell all that.

gee I didn't know I was anywhere near that awsomwe :)

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
When I rolled entubado I made the tubes way too tight and ended up with a cigar that looked like the inside of a steam engine boiler. Book method allows me to "feel" the stack and move pieces around to ensure the head is firm, the barrel is consistent and the mold will be filled correctly, and to the correct length. I've done it long enough that I can place my hand on the book stack and tell all that.

gee I didn't know I was anywhere near that awsomwe :)
Easy big guy!!giphy.gif

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing around with entubado and book fold. With the same blend found a huge difference in smoke taste. Both method had the same draw but it seemed like the the leaves were burning quite differently. Could be my lack of experience. The ligero was a lot less noticeable and the seco was dominant with the book fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that roll entubado: Is it important to get the leaves rolled the same direction as the binder and wrapper? Something I was thinking about last night as I was burning one