What's new

EO 601 La Bomba Pre-Release

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
EO 601 La Bomba Pre-Release

In early March, Eddie Ortega posted a promo for the new 601 cigar, the La Bomba. The first 100 people to sign up would get a pre-release of the cigar, so of course Ben and I were very excited to receive our samples to review! There is not much background info available on these cigars and we can’t even find a price point, so this is a great candidate for our style of review!

Pre-light: A nice Cuban barnyard smell and some very powerful pepper.

First Third: La Bomba starts out with full-bodied pepper spices. The strong pepper mellows out a little bit after an inch, and a sweet molasses shows up. Ben gets a pistachio flavor for a little while, but my pepper was still too strong to notice it. At the end of this third, we get a very nice graham cracker flavor.

Second Third: The pepper is still strong at this point, and the molasses and graham cracker seem to combine into a flavor that tastes to us like a sugar cookie. The La Bomba has gone down to a medium-full body, but still has plenty of kick to it.

Final Third: In the last third, the sugar cookie turns into a rich caramel. A unique banana chip flavor comes around, which was surprising for a cigar of this strength. The pepper remained prominent until the very end, and the caramel sweetens into a bruleed sugar in the last few puffs. Final smoking time was 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Overall, Ben and I were impressed with the La Bomba. It was not the most complex cigar we have smoked, and was fairly stronger than what we normally prefer, but had great, consistent flavors throughout. There is definitely a rising trend of full-bodied cigars in today’s market (perhaps due to the lack of retrohaling among smokers), and this one is a great mix of strength and flavor. Ben would pay $9.37, and I would pay an even $9.

where to find: Expected to be at Local tobacconists already carrying EO brands, after its release date on May 11, 2011

expect to pay: Price unknown

issues

DPG & Tat Whore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! :thumbsup:

I look forward to the release as I am a fan of 601s.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mine arrived in the mail today....but I don't get off work until 7:30PM....definately looking forward to smoking one though! :cbig: