What's new

EOtech 512

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm going to check one out after class today. Anyone have experience with any EOtech devices? I found a dealer (sells out of his home) whom I met at Dunhams when they had .223 on sale who said he sold all kinds of AR parts and accessories. He offered a killer deal on the 512. I've done my research and can spot a fake just in case, but just looking for some real world usage info. Fire away!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It depends on how you will actually be using the weapon. I had one last deployment. It does what it is supposed to do which is makeing it easy to be up and on target very quickly. I hated it though because I was shooting people that were normally 100+ yards away. So I prefer the ACOG. But, if say you envision it as being your shit hits the fan people are in my house or maybe you want to take down a bank or maybe something as rare as just going to the range (can you imagine?) The EO Tech is really nice.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Depends on what you intend to do with it. For non magnified optics, I personally always go for Aimpoint. But, in many cases, Eotechs work just fine for the user's needs

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Depends on what you intend to do with it. For non magnified optics, I personally always go for Aimpoint. But, in many cases, Eotechs work just fine for the user's needs
+1 on the Aimpoint. The battery life on these is amazing. You can essentially turn it on and leave it on for a couple of years. That said, I also have the 512, but its mounted on a UMP, which is well suited for it IMO.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I run the 55x series, NV compatible unit on my AR (it's my squad rifle). I've got a picatinny rail on the forend which allows me to mount the Eotech lower. That way I can use the iron sights through the Eotech when required or turn on the unit and go sights/reticle.

Personnally I like mine a lot.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like that Aimpoint has a MUCH better battery life, but I like the reticle of the MUCH Eotech better. In the end, I went with the Eotech 512. I haven't regretted that decision once!

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Love my 512... As for batts running out, I've never had an issue and carry spares with me always. I run an hk front sight and the eotech cowitness perfectly with the front buis! :)

cubancigarman

CRA/NRA MEMBER
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
EOTech has awesome service. I bent the battery lever (like a tard) on mine and admitting to doing so to their tech department. The guy asked for my address and said the replacement parts on the way. No charge.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run an Aimpoint. The T1 and the Comp M4s are my preferred optics.
There is no comparison between the durability of an Aimpoint over the the Eotech.
Spend your cash once and get a Aimpont T1.