What's new

epc dark rituals 2014

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
My money is on this being another SR vintage type deal, which is supremely disappointing. I'm becoming less and less of an EPC fan.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
The only thing that gets me is if you're going to do a LE, do a LE. It was a great thing while it lasted. And you're kind of doing a disservice to the folks who bought the original when it was available. Don't diminish the original by making something lesser and going for a quick buck. But it's just a cigar and maybe I'm taking it too seriously...and maybe if I were making a quick buck I'd do the same.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The only thing that gets me is if you're going to do a LE, do a LE. It was a great thing while it lasted. And you're kind of doing a disservice to the folks who bought the original when it was available. Don't diminish the original by making something lesser and going for a quick buck. But it's just a cigar and maybe I'm taking it too seriously...and maybe if I were making a quick buck I'd do the same.
^^^^^
This

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Its not the same, but it was good. Your right though Adam they should have called it something else.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I doubt it is exactly the same
There's no way it's the same thing. He's done this with the short run, you've got a beautiful cigar, and then he does the short run vintage and the short run cubra for CI, which are terrible IMHO, and even I'd they're just good, they're not a short run. But of you don't know better, you'll buy it and think you're getting a short run. Now the same with what is arguably one of his best ever. But if you don't know the difference or you don't care, it doesn't matter, I guess.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
There's no way it's the same thing. He's done this with the short run, you've got a beautiful cigar, and then he does the short run vintage and the short run cubra for CI, which are terrible IMHO, and even I'd they're just good, they're not a short run. But of you don't know better, you'll buy it and think you're getting a short run. Now the same with what is arguably one of his best ever. But if you don't know the difference or you don't care, it doesn't matter, I guess.
I didn't know this. That does diminish the name and point of short run while people that don't know fall into the CI trap. Oh well business is business. Probably a good way for him to make the extra cash for his true awesome sticks

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
^^^^^
This

Damn Adam, you're good. :)

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
i was under the impression with things like the short run vintage....
company sells the name to ci, then they are free to have the cheapest bundle factory they can find in honduras produce it and band it as the bought name....

so carrillo actually made the short run vintage and cubras ! ?

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
i was under the impression with things like the short run vintage....
company sells the name to ci, then they are free to have the cheapest bundle factory they can find in honduras produce it and band it as the bought name....

so carrillo actually made the short run vintage and cubras ! ?
Idk. Maybe? If they're not from epc, they're outright lying, which wouldn't be surprising. That'd be interesting to know.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Let me see what information I can gather in this, I do not want to share my thoughts without facts to back it up. I will reach out to the sales rep for CI and post what information I find here tomorrow.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
And the 11 wasn't ct...
I don't think it was ever confirmed (at least not publicly) what the wrapper leaf was.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
So some of you know I am a rep for EPC, this information comes from the company, not a rumor, and I expect that some are not going to like what the answer to the questions are.

The cigar is NOT a remake of the original Dark Ritual. There are two things that are the same between this cigar and the original. Those are the wrapper which is Conn Broadleaf Maduro, and the names are similar. This project was started a few years back and is a cigar that EPC makes for CI. I wish it was a different name, however this is not a customer of mine and I have no control over that. The original Dark Ritual is not something that will be made again, there are cigars that we make that are similar, however we as a company do not recycle blends under different names. Each cigar is unique. There may be filler changes, binder changes, or even tweaks to each new blend. There are going to be consumers that purchase this based on the name, and it will not be the same and that will be frustrating to them, I will tell you that it would frustrate me. I hope this provides some insight to the questions that were brought up, if anyone has anymore, please feel free to post here or send me a PM.