What's new

Epoxy Floor Coatings

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Anybody tried anything like this before? Not looking for the floor of my garage, but more for the floor of my sunroom (concrete) where I smoke my cigars.
Price seems decent, and the process seems relatively easy. Interesting way to get a cool look besides just paint.
https://www.epoxy-coat.com/

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
This is the way to go with concrete floors. I'm going to do my garage this fall and it does seem pretty simple. The "hardest" part is making sure the floor is as clean as possible before you do anything else.

Of the people I have talked to who have it, they say the flake does more than just looks; it helps add an anti-slip surface to the floor. I guess without it, if the floor gets wet, it becomes more of a slip hazard than regular wet floors.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
This is the way to go with concrete floors. I'm going to do my garage this fall and it does seem pretty simple. The "hardest" part is making sure the floor is as clean as possible before you do anything else.

Of the people I have talked to who have it, they say the flake does more than just looks; it helps add an anti-slip surface to the floor. I guess without it, if the floor gets wet, it becomes more of a slip hazard than regular wet floors.
They actually have an anti-slip granular that you add to the mix, separate from the flake

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Coatings like this are pretty good if there's not going to be a lot of rough wear. So, in the sunroom should be great. Just make damn sure you get the floor clean before painting, and two coats are better than one. If you're going to do the flakes, might I suggest using a paper plate to shake them out evenly. That always works great for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Both my garages were done 15 years ago before Cali went to the waterbased BS. Still look great, it has 2 coats of black, black and white chips and 2 coats of clear. Just make sure you don't get the water based crap and you are good to go. You will need to prep your concrete with Muratic acid before you start.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I used the exact stuff you linked. Worked well. Pretty easy if you're the slightest bit handy. I did used about 4-5 times more flake than the kit comes with, and was happy with the result. It's not totally scratchproof, but pretty durable. I would use it again.

Edit: Found an old pic from when I first put it down.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My garage has this coating. It's nice, but very slick, particularly with sawdust on the floor. Very slippery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Just used the rustoleum one and did my floor.

Worked well, was easy and looks good.

Suggestions:
  • 2 cleanings.
  • 1-2 coats (use 18 inch brush, it makes it so much easier)
  • put flecks evenly over all the floor.