What's new

Erté 7 Deadly Sins (1996)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425612026.786182.jpg

19 year old cello. Will someone please take some clear cello off a stick and set it aside in a humid environment and see if it turns yellow on its own? I'd love to know if it's really age + tobacco oil that's doing it, or if it's just what cellophane does.

Faint odor of barnyard off the wrapper.

Spicy, tight cold draw.

First inch: already surprised at how not-terrible this is! Smooth as hell, no retrohale heat. There's sweet creamy vanilla. Cedary wood.

I keep chomping lightly on the end, since the pack is tight around the cap. It opens enough to get a decent mouthful of smoke through. It'd be a shame if it were plugged after all this time.

At 1996, it's now the oldest cigar I've smoked by 4 years. I have a pair of '96 RYJ CCs that are waiting for the right occasion (hopefully soon!). But having any cigars from the 90s to smoke is a real luxury for me, whether they were much at the time they were rolled or not.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425611918.421206.jpg

The ash is powdery and holds at least an inch. Could probably go 2" without falling in your lap, based on how it feels as I ash it, which results in a perfect pointy cherry.

Smoked it to the end, and though it's lacking in dynamic transitions (I counted zero), it's:

SURPRISINGLY UNAWFUL

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Did you have to go to famous to redeem the vouchers or do they just ship automatically? Usually it tells you but it doesn't seem to tell on this one.
Dave it was weird, it said "don't do anything", but you actually have to hop on famous and redeem the code and "checkout" for free...if that made any sense...

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks! Sweet creamy vanilla and cedar are some of my favorite cigar flavors, so I'm guessing I'll enjoy these.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I can't figure out the groupons on my cellphone. How much the set with the discount? Is that with the artsy boxes? I like the boxes, so unaweful cigars with great box could turn out to some deal.

Are they short or long filler? :)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I can't figure out the groupons on my cellphone. How much the set with the discount? Is that with the artsy boxes? I like the boxes, so unaweful cigars with great box could turn out to some deal.

Are they short or long filler? :)
yep 20 shipped for the sticks and boxes....no idea on the filler

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Grabbed a stack of those a while back, Don't really plan on smoking them, but good to hear they're not bad.

I liked the box artwork so I bought 10 of em. Already gave out 3 packs.