What's new

Esoterica Pembroke

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've been noticing that my taste for cigars has been a little off lately ... even when smoking some favorites. So yesterday I decided to open up a jar of some aged pipe tobacco ... some Esoterica Pembroke from 1998.

On opening the jar I was greeted with an aromatic blast. You can really tell if a blend contains Latakia from the pungent + smokey aromas. Still, I could tell that aging for many years had tempered this blend and really helped to marry the condiment tobaccos together. The fully rubbed out strands were now almost a uniform color of dark brown. I loaded up my Ascorti bent billiard and headed out to the backyard.

Wow, what a great smoke. Lots of rich, robust flavors - a smokey core of Latakia .... the sweetness of the aged Virginia tobacco ... some slight spiciness from the Orientals ... and some deep carmel flavors and floral aroma from the cognac topping. It was a smooth and satisfying smoke all the way down and left me very relaxed when I was finished. Damn, it was almost as good as sex!

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I've been thinking about trying a pipe again after 30-35 years since the last time. I didn't enjoy it back then, probably due to the Dr. Greybow (?) pipe and the drug store tobacco.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Ken ... if you leave the door wide open like that, then it's a sure bet you're gonna wake up to visitors. :wink:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
smack him Tedski! ha!!

i don't need to get into pipes, though i have a cool pipe stand/barrell humidor combo. pretty cool!