What's new

Esplendidos mold or plume?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm so tired. My first thought was "what vendor rhymes with 'fajita'?" Then I literally went "...unless maybe he meant 'fuh-jai-ta'?"

...I figured it out eventually.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
No need for me to chime in on the mold/plume front as it seems its been cleared.

I will however pose the question that if this vendor is notorious for this kind of thing, why would people speak out about it? There are plenty of vendors and guys should deal with the best vendors. Isn't it part of the purpose of the forum to inform others about this kind of thing???

Just my .2. Maybe I'm way off here.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I will however pose the question that if this vendor is notorious for this kind of thing, why would people speak out about it? There are plenty of vendors and guys should deal with the best vendors. Isn't it part of the purpose of the forum to inform others about this kind of thing???
Open discussion of vendors is not allowed on BOTL, so this forum does not exist for that kind of thing. That being said, habano-centric forums do discuss this and that information is common. They still often have great sale prices, and many people are willing to roll the dice or just wipe down the incoming cigars.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
No need for me to chime in on the mold/plume front as it seems its been cleared.

Just my .2. Maybe I'm way off here.
I'm with you.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
^^^^^^
First person i know to get black listed!?!?
This guy! It's been 5 plus years and you still are not my HERO!!!!
Not even sure you sell Puros!!!!!
Maybe I can find the pic of two boxes of OR Cohiba Magicos that were COVERED in mold. Like open the box and can't see the cigars....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely not plume! If you catch mold early enough, you can usually just wipe it off (using a new/clean, soft paint brush works well), but if it the mold is significant don't even waste your time or risk trying to smoke it. Unfortunately, there are a number merchants out there that will try to push off mold as plume so they don't have to swap out cigars, refund money, etc. This has created a lot of misinformation about the difference between mold and plume. I have seen people let whole boxes of cigars get moldy believing their cigars are "pluming." :facepalm: