What's new

Eurotrip (Brussels, Ghent, Amsterdam, Paris)

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Headed to Europe for 12 days on a work trip. Spending roughly 3 days in each city. Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris.

Any LCDH I really should visit? Any to avoid? - I would really like to be able to go into the lounge. Some reviews state only members can smoke in lounges at LCDH.

Should I just buy from the duty free?

Any regional releases I should look out for? Haven't set a budget yet....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you pass by Gent in Belgium do you have to visit the LCDH in the town, they have loads of vintage cigars for a alright price.
I haven't been there myself but have ordered from them online.

I recommend you to try the germans por larranagas or regional if you find it. It's a pure pleasure

lacasadelhabano-knokke.be

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Expect to pay a LOT for any thing in Europe, but try any German regionals you find.
Ask for any old stock that may still exist.
You could get lucky.
Pick up a few sticks for the memories , but don't invest heavily in any regular stock, that can be had cheaper online.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey brotha, hope you have a good trip. A nice long flight from Seattle deserves a cigar right?! You have been reading reviews so it sounds like you know some options already... simply googling LCDH and the cities will pull up a couple good options. I have not personally been in any of them so I can't tell you first hand but I do know of the people from online. (I think it was Brussels that has an older/established shop with large smoking area that is not a LCDH) If I were you, figure out what shops are close enough to where you'll be, see if they have a lounge or smoking area, then email them direct. Let them know you're coming in from out of town and most likely they will go out of their way to take care of you. At the very least, you'll know your options of where you can and cannot smoke.

Paris is trickier as they don't have any LCDHs. I've heard of a couple shop recommendations but I can't remember, sorry bud.

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys! I will make sure to take a ton of pictures of LCDH. I'm hoping to make it to a few of them as well as a few lounges in the area.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The LCDH in Amsterdam is in a nice hotel and definitely worth a look. They were well stocked, pick up the LGC and PL Dutch regionals. Check there prices online, some stuff is cheaper like H Upmann Noellas jars. Hartman's is close by and also well stocked and worth a visit. I can second La Civette in Paris it's a nice shop with several aged boxes. The cafe next door is a nice place to grab a cappuccino smoke a cigar. They had a good selection of nice pipes if your into that type of thing. The Qd'O Secretos French regional is a great smoke and reasonably priced, I wish I would have picked up a couple more boxes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you go to Amsterdam then go and visit Cigaragua the manager Onno will look after you. I found the LCDH in central Amsterdam stuck up and they told us not to touch the boxes. If you have time take the train out to Almere just outside Amsterdam and visit the LCDH there, Yuri and Olav who run it are excellent hosts and if you say I sent you they will look after you. In Brussels the LCDH is nice and run by a guy called Michael Sayer who is an excellent host. I'd say all the shops are cheaper than duty free so don't bother. They also run an ageing programme in the benelux region which is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Brussels last Spring. If you are staying near Gare Centrale there are two shops within walking distance. Le Roi du Cigare is less than a 10 minute walk up Rue Royale from the station. Both times I stopped in I was greet by two lovely ladies that went out of their way to find some specific viotlas I was looking for. They have a great selection. The store is new and well lit. The other is shop is the Golden Head. It's a dark, old tyme type corner shop on a side street just off the northwest corner of the Grand Place. It's got character just like the proprietor.

Prices at both were not as good as in Spain but downright reasonable when compared to Asia. Neither has a lounge but unless it's raining you definitely want to walk around, take it the atmosphere, hunt for the street art and murals. If you want a lounge to sit and relax then the LCDH in Louise is about 15-20 minutes south on the tram.

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you go to Amsterdam then go and visit Cigaragua the manager Onno will look after you. I found the LCDH in central Amsterdam stuck up and they told us not to touch the boxes. If you have time take the train out to Almere just outside Amsterdam and visit the LCDH there, Yuri and Olav who run it are excellent hosts and if you say I sent you they will look after you. In Brussels the LCDH is nice and run by a guy called Michael Sayer who is an excellent host. I'd say all the shops are cheaper than duty free so don't bother. They also run an ageing programme in the benelux region which is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I will take a train to Almere, thank you. I really enjoy your review videos!