What's new

Even NC prices are getting crazy

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Fox has an email "special" on a 10 count box of Oliva Melanio # 4 $79 and change $80 I bought the same special from the same vendor two years ago today for $40.

Discount code for Famous is now dead so I don't even bother looking at Monster anymore.

Glad I stocked up before all this craziness.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Fox has an email "special" on a 10 count box of Oliva Melanio # 4 $79 and change $80 I bought the same special from the same vendor two years ago today for $40.

Discount code for Famous is now dead so I don't even bother looking at Monster anymore.

Glad I stocked up before all this craziness.
Monster always has Melanio's discounted. I used the BEN25 code the other day.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I thought about his lately, more than I care to admit.

Back in the late 00's my favorite stick (padron 1964 exclusivo natural) was easily had for 9$ per stick by the box, currently a 14-15$ by the box cigar... It was never a daily, but more of a Friday night stick. That being said I feel like there were more options in the 5-10$ per stick by the box and over the years that has become less and less with the last 2 years really feeling the crunch. On a positive note, it's made it easier to justify smoking newer stuff more often and purchase more selection... but that has come with an obvious increase in prices. I used to call a "daily" a 5-7$ cigar and had a never-ending selection (by either buying favorites by the box or looking for deals). Currently anything under 13$ I would call "daily eligible", and that's almost solely due to price increases and maybe a little because of favoring more expensive things/brands over the years.

Milk, eggs, meat, etc will always fluctuate and be indicators of inflation/ cost of living.... cigars are not one of them. I don't see any price decreases ever. period. Best case scenario inflation drops, and the world returns to normal with cigar manufacturers waiting another 5-8 years before needing addition price increases vs a yearly increase. But more likely we will just sound like old guys complaining about how cigars used to be cheaper and that things aren't made like they used to be :LOL:

And this is all with the "pending" FDA requirements just sitting there like they have been since 2012... if anything other than a complete drop in regulations we will be looking at even more frequent, and larger price increases.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm willing to bet that a good bit of the price increase is resellers trying to account for the higher costs they are incurring. Shipping is going crazy, employees need COL wage increases, rising finance rates etc. There is hope, but I believe you will see it in a return to more discounts and specials instead of committing to a general price decrease.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There does seem to be one boutique brand in particular who is refreshingly affordable. I shan't utter the name for fear of causing the ruination of a good thing. :LOL:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$15 cigars seem to be the new $10 cigars. Remember when we were complaining that every new stick promised to feature some rare tobacco only found on one farm and had a double digit price? It was a hard pill to swallow, but with inflation nearly double digits the current rush to previously uber premium prices hurts a little more.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't think they've changed pricing for 10 years, which is nice since it seems like every boutique brand started by two random guys in the last 5 years is charging 15+ for "small batch hidden gems we found in the factory under some dust"
They actually upped their prices a few months ago. For example those $23 boxes of BV46 picadores are now $36.:cry::cautious: Still a steal imho!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
They actually upped their prices a few months ago. For example those $23 boxes of BV46 picadores are now $36.:cry::cautious: Still a steal imho!
Technically even though its a cheap stick that's a sizeable increase. The only cigar I've smoked from them in the last few years is the MIni BV during the winter for a short smoke and I feel like they have been the same price every time I picked up a box, looks like it may be more this year

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow @Boudie! Fox has them at the same price as they used to be on Atlantic. $13 more on Atlantic.:mad:

I shopped Atlantic a lot during the pandemic. However, it seems their "direct price" has risen to market price for a lot of cigars. I'm not sure if that was on Atlantic or if the manufacturers had something to do with that. They still have good prices on JdN though. So, I am happy.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
And to think in my lifetime, cigars were 5 cents and many were CC's. Do you think the tobacco grown in those days was vastly inferior to tobacco today?