What's new

Ever kicked yourself In The Arse After Paying A Small Fortune For A Cigar?

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Well we've all been there I think. You here the hype on a cigar you know only thoes with cash to blow can get. You see that cigar for a fraction less which is still to much, but you can't resist. The temtation and curiosity are just to strong. So you bust open your kids X-mas fun to foot the bill, sneek home, wait for just the right time, and fire that bad boy up! All of a sudden you got a rock in your stomach and you know it ain't the wifes cassarol from the night before. You can feel all the life being sucked out of that moment and realize you just got punked! You've smoked swishers with better taste and all you can see is the frown on your kids face because you had to have that once in a life time smoke. Now all you want to do is kick yourself as hard as you can and go cry in a fetal possition:crytears:
Ok so thats a bit dramatic but somewhat true. What cigar did you blow dough on and really wish you had'nt!
Mine was the.....Graycliff Emerald....Paid 17.00 for one:sadstare:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The most expensive cigar... easy!

My better half likes a cigar from time to time and had always smoked inexpensive stuff not knowing what was going on exactly. Soooooooooo, I go to buy her a Zino Platinum Stout (16 or 17 bucks), wanting her to have something special and now she loves cigars, and the nice stuff at that.

Now its Davidoff, Zino, Avo, Guapos, and the like... it was a costly decision, but it's way more fun now!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The cognac infused Gurkah, in the glass tube. $20 and a waste of time. That was before I knew better than to buy flavored/infused smokes.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I bought an OWR for $14 at a local B&M (all of which are horrible here). It was a decent smoke, but not a $14 smoke IMHO. I'd buy again for 5 or 6 each, but not $14.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Ciggy, pm me your addy and I will get a great smoke out to you that is worth the steep price... Only catch is you have to review it with pics! Let me know!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
nice work J! too bad on that GC ciggy...I find them to be hit or miss. sometimes they taste like a $25 cigar and sometimes they make me wish I would have smoked a handfull of grass instead. it is funny u all said this...I actually bought a few forbidden x's for $50 a piece...I was so weirded out about smoking...I finally just put them in that HTF pass to get rid of them. I was just worried that I would have hated myself for it coming out to suck. I know it sounds fd up...but I jus could never bring myself to smoking them! But atleast now I have the piece o mind that they will be smoked someday;)
Other than those two...I have not come across any stick that I have paid over $15 for and been disapointed with. I actually had the opposite happen and now that is all I want;)

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Have to agree with stroke, where we are we have a VERY limited choice on cigars. The most I have paid for a cigar was in Mexico and smoked them all before I got home. If I remember correctly they were about $15 a piece and supposedly the real thing. Yes, I was a little nervous about customs but they were just to good not to smoke. Hate to hear about the bad experience ciggy.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Never have I really complained abotu buying a single cigars that was too expensive. Even if it not in my flavour profile the more expensive sticks are almost always very well made and that counts for something. Where I have kicked myself before is buying a box of cigars just because they were cheap. $30- $50 for a single well made cigar is much better then $30 to $50 for a box of dog rockets that you will only smoke one out of.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Most coin I've ever dropped on single cigar was $125

Didn't even think twice about it either...it was an absolutely wonderful cigar.
I couldn't imagine a cigar worth $125. I'm not questioning you, I guess I just have alot of experience to gain before I can appreciate such a thing!!:wtf:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The only cigar that made me want my money back was the Davidoff Special R and a RASS but I'm willing to give the RASS another go I was in an extremely foul mood that day.
Posted via Mobile Device

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
$125 for a cigar....One cigar? O-man you must have hit it big at the slots for that one. It would be the only way I could justify it....I'm jelous I think!
Good for you Brother...enjoy life!