What's new

Ever Light a cigar backwards??

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a MOW sitting in my travel humidor that I clipped the cap off of a few days ago and removed the ring. Lit ithat baby up but after it was lit I notice I was drawing from the shaggy end.... OOPS! It still tastes good but got me to thinking.....

Don't they blend cigars to be smoked from foot to cap?? Shouldn't that make it taste different??

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've done this before once on accident, didn't notice a strong difference - ended up clipping the end to have a smooth flat surface - though some cigars are blended to have specific things appear and so different tobacco may be at the top and bottom of a cigar - in which case you'll of course be burning those in different stages of the cigar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my younger days I lit a cigarette or two from the filter after a night of drinking :bottle:

Good question about if they blend cigars specifically to be smoked from foot to cap; don't know the answer to that one.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
My first honey and hand grenade:) it was awful lol

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Seen many people do this with short story's and best sellers always cracks me up. They never get a draw until the recut it. If I notice before its lit always try and give em a heads up.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've done it on purpose to see if there really is a difference in the profile. I've done it with 4 cigars, 2 Padron 1964's and 2 cheap sticks. The Padrons tasted exactly the same smoked either way and the cheap sticks still tasted, well cheap. I had always wondered about it so I just decided to try it. To me if they blend the stick in a consistant way it should have the same profile regardless as to which end you light. Unless of course they are trying to blend it so you have 1 flavor or another at the beginning, middle, and end. In which case you'll just experience them in a backward order.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've done it on purpose to see if there really is a difference in the profile. I've done it with 4 cigars, 2 Padron 1964's and 2 cheap sticks. The Padrons tasted exactly the same smoked either way and the cheap sticks still tasted, well cheap. I had always wondered about it so I just decided to try it. To me if they blend the stick in a consistant way it should have the same profile regardless as to which end you light. Unless of course they are trying to blend it so you have 1 flavor or another at the beginning, middle, and end. In which case you'll just experience them in a backward order.
Last night after finishing the MOW puro authentico maddy, I thought it was about the same and I have been through 5 boxes (10 per) of those so I am thinking I have a pretty good base line to judge. IT was a really tasty stick.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I assume the only major noticeable difference would be in figurados, where the shape is designed to create a particular draw experience.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never been that drunk! Plus I leave bands on until 2/3 done.
I do to generally but I cut it and intended to smoke it but couldn't/didn't and the band was getting in the way of putting it back in the cello so off it came.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Haven't yet, not saying it would never happen haha.

I have been thinking of dissecting some sticks and trying say the wrapper alone and such for fun.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Last night after finishing the MOW puro authentico maddy, I thought it was about the same and I have been through 5 boxes (10 per) of those so I am thinking I have a pretty good base line to judge. IT was a really tasty stick.

MOW Puro is a really great stick! I love those little guys. Perfect size and strength for me. I've eaten up a box and on my second. They're definitely a main stay for me. Let us know how it smokes backward if you try it.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Shouldn't be a taste difference but because the direction of rolling keeps the cigar together you might experience unraveling.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
MOW Puro is a really great stick! I love those little guys. Perfect size and strength for me. I've eaten up a box and on my second. They're definitely a main stay for me. Let us know how it smokes backward if you try it.
Am I the only one who doesn't like those? They have a musty taste that's just off to me. I've tried several over the years, everyone I know raves about 'em.

Different strokes, I guess!