What's new

Ever made an impulse purchase?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Just curiuos if anone else here has made a firarms purchace on impulse?

I did. My friend told me how great his compact HK USP .40. A few months later I came across a compact USP .45 with night sites. My groups with that pistol were terrible!! I'm not sure if it was due to the aftermarket night sites or me not being used to a SA/DA trigger? But my targets looked like they had been hit with a shotgun after I emptied the magazine:frown:

It was a good day when I traded that pistol off. And still don't miss it one bit.

So how about you? What's your buyers remorse story.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My last impulse purchase was when a co-worker told me he was selling his Sig Sauer P220 that only had about 100 rounds through it.

I have ZERO buyer's remorse. :)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yup, darn near the same gun - HK USP Compact .40 Night Sights - I bought it for my wife to carry, but she hated it. My fault for buying her a gun without her trying it first. Traded it for some backpacking equipment, only had about 50 rounds through it when I got rid of it. I carry a Kimber as my daily, and the HK trigger felt like a POS to me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, but I wished I had at times. Came across a mint German k98 for $1200 and thought one day too long about it. $1200 was a little more than I was comfortable with but I've never seen one as good as this one. Always wanted a nice one, found it and didn't pull the trigger quick enough.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I sure have, mine was an HK USP 40 SS, and I love it. Not a fan of the compacts, so I don't doubt you guys didn't like them much. I learned on a SA/DA trigger, so the HKs trigger felt great for me.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Last Friday my dad sent me some birthday cash. I saw it, was blown away, then called the nearest gun shop to see if they had the Ruger LC9 in stock. Unfotunately they didn't have any. Ten minutes later my fiancee called and I told her about the cash and she said, "Oh good! we can get more stuff for the new apartment"

:pitchfork:pitchfork:pitchfork

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The only impulse firearm purchase I made was an Remington 1100 Classic Trap in amazing shape with trigger work for $400. Dont regret it one bit, the thing is a joy and I got it at a steal.

My dad did buy a Kimber 1911 for carry once on impulse after getting a great deal on it used. I want to say it was a Stainless Ultra Carry but he HATED it because it was so light. Once the magazine started emptying the nose of the gun would start leaning down naturally so your groupings would progressively shoot downwards. Solid it the same week and picked up a Gold Match II and still has it to this day.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Sure. Every Kimber I've owned. An FNP-45. An FN Five-Seven. A BHP in .40. Several Taurus PT1911s and a Ruger SR1911. All are gone except for the BHP now, thank god.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Last Friday my dad sent me some birthday cash. I saw it, was blown away, then called the nearest gun shop to see if they had the Ruger LC9 in stock. Unfotunately they didn't have any. Ten minutes later my fiancee called and I told her about the cash and she said, "Oh good! we can get more stuff for the new apartment"

:pitchfork:pitchfork:pitchfork
LOL, I feel your pain. My last free money went towards a dining room set... :cursing:

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I bought a Garand... Turned out to be the best purchase I've made. It shoots great and I've restored it to it's original appearance so it looks great too. Gave it to my son when he graduated college.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once passed up a great deal on a p32 because I was worried I would have some buyer's remorse. The shop was a little over an hour from my place. The whole ride home I was kicking myself for not buying it. Right as I was about to put my car in park in my driveway I drove right back to the store and bought it.

Really glad I did, it allows me to carry when none of my other pistols will conceal. Great gym gun too.

So next time, I'm just gonna go with the impulse and save myself time and gas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 1934 Mosin Nagant on impulse.

First rifle I've ever bought too.
Careful , are addictive. I've got 4 and I still take a look at them whenever I find them for a good price, looking for a rare variant. I can't believe that we can get these for like $80

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a .50AE Desert Eagle on impulse. Worst gun I've ever bought, period. Also bought an H&K .45 USP on impulse. It was one of the best gun purchases I ever made! Loved that gun!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
KelTec p32 figured it would be a good pocket gun.., fail had it less than a month before I went on to the Ruger LCP

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Charlotte area they are selling for 110, to 150$ depending on the condition and model. If they were 80, I'd have bought 2.
In Michigan one of the regional sporting goods chains (Dunhams FWIW) regularly (10 is times a year) will run various Mosins on sale right around $80 for round receiver normal stock. I've also got a hex receiver (probably what you're is, right?) and I've got a round receiver in a laminated stock that is an ex-sniper.

If you have an FFL nearby that can do transfers for cheap there are some deals to be had online on them too, but I imagine with shipping and transfer fee it would be right around your local price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KelTec p32 figured it would be a good pocket gun.., fail had it less than a month before I went on to the Ruger LCP
Yeah It's working great for me. I keep looking at 380s but I really want one with last round hold open and only the Taurus seems to have that. I really just don't like the aesthetics of the Taurus.

I really want to find a truly pocketable 9 or .40 but can't find anything I'm truly happy with.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just jumped into 300 BLK by purchasing a PDW MK 109. My FFL said I could have it shipped and I'd have it in a few days... I refer to him as my drug dealer.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I really want to find a truly pocketable 9 or .40 but can't find anything I'm truly happy with.
Have you checked out the Kahr CM9? I really like mine, the Kahrtalk forum is filled with other enthusiastic owners, and it is pretty pocketable (not nearly as pocketable as my P3AT or LCP, but pocketable enough unless you're wearing tight jeans). I would stay away from the Kahr CM40, or probably any pocketable 40. Too much recoil for a pocket gun, IMO, and the Kahr CM40 seems to be prone to problems, unlike the CM9.