What's new

Ever try to do the right thing, but no avenue is clear?

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So brothers,

as I sit in my freezing cold garage with my undercrown and Guinness I just had one of the most trying days of my life at work.

My friend and co worker was in the process of being suspended then fired on Tuesday.

on my way home from work I get a call from her and she is livid as you can imagine. she says to me if she gets fired on Tuesday which I knew she would she was going to bring her 9mm to work and take care of the little bitch that cost her her job. which I took as venting.
I get to work only to have a co worker approach me and say she felt concerned because this coworker said the same to her. if she lost her job, she would lose her house, and she had nothing to lose.

I did what I hope was the right thing by approaching management. which in turned called the cops and went to her house.

you hear about all these warning signs about before things like this happen. so I hope I did the right thing. which the co-worker in question called thank me for the cops showing up.

now I am depressed. no amount of Guinness has been able to cure it. I wasted my favorite smoke puffing on it like a chimney while writing this on my kindle.

sorry to bother you all. just hoping that I made the right call here.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
You made the right call. She may be in trouble but she is also getting the help she needs. You can't risk this kind of stuff anymore -- and she knows that. This was, at the very least, a cry for help from her and you answered it in the only responsible way. If you chose not to say anything and she went through with her threats, what then? Everyone, even you, would be much worse off. You did the right thing, still sucks, but it'll pass. Prayers for you and the whole situation.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Woah, very trying indeed. You did the right thing though bro. It would have been 100x worse had you not said anything and she really did do something like that.

I'd rather live with the guilt of saying something, than live with the guilt that I could have prevented death(s).

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I agree with what the others have said, it sucks, but it was right. BTW, what was that favorite smoke of yours that you wasted?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
No doubt you did the right thing. With all the crazy stuff going on these days you never know if people are serious about these things or not. No doubt scary stuff. Stay safe bro

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this is definitely a situation where the worst action would have been no action at all. and it absolutely sucks that you were put in this position. i understand that you feel for the person, but when she threatened to take it out on others WITH A CLEAR THREAT OF LETHAL FORCE, there really was nothing else you could do.

f#@k her, no longer your responsibility, brother. sorry about the blues, and know we're with you.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Without a doubt it was the right call. You would be feeling much much worse if you had said nothing and she had followed through. What was you favorite stick again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You most certainly did the right thing.

[video=youtube;Xq8CtJSQFL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq8CtJSQFL4[/video]

"Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their peers, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change." Robert F. Kennedy

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
You absolutely did the right thing, even more so when you consider the current political climate and recent shootings. Like everyone else said you might have stopped something worse..

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the stick I was burning was not important, the support is though. I know I am new here, but it's always nice to get a group opinion on things sometimes. I appreciate guys. really do.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The feeling could have been much much worse if she would have taken that next step. Nice job brother.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I will echo what others have already said, you did the right thing. The guilt you would have had if she had fallowed through on the threat would've been in a different league from what you're feeling right now.

One thing I may bring up though, please watch your back, and keep your eyes open at work. If she was serious, she was stopped on that day, but the future may be a little more dangerous. I'm not trying to tell you to craft an aluminum foil hat, but perhaps be a little more alert, code orange you might say. Keep an eye out for her car parked near work, etc. Just be careful...

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So my employer gave the threatened employee the next few days off. They posted the local police at the entrance for the next couple of days and I think did their best to make everyone involved feel as safe as possible. Definitely am going to be looking over my shoulder the next few days. I want to play it safe I have an 9 month old looking forward to me walking her around the house every night. Sure don't want to let her down.

To answer morrisjohn and zama80 the smoke in question was an Undercrown Robusto. Learned a valuable lesson last night. Being in a rush ruins a cigar just as much as over/under humidification.

I really appreciate everyone here listening to my issues.

Thanks guys.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, that was the right decision. She probably wouldn't have done anything but you can't take the chance. You can't be saying crap like that nowadays or at least if you say it make sure it's clear that it is a joke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2